Noopsyche Helpful Reefer Giveaway! Win a K7 Pro II LED Reef Light!!

Darsh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best tips I've gotten have mostly been from this forum, and mostly in the DIY section!
People going out of their way to document their great ideas, especially new and/or unique ideas, for example DIY dosing and DIY reactors. However, there's a lot to be said about the classic, tried and tested methods out their, for example DIY stands and DIY rocks.

Darsh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus 4: To be honest I've never used Noopsyche products but I've only heard positive things about their lights. I think it's really great to see them being such a mainstay in the competitions here, it's very generous!

Darsh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus 5: Build thread :)

Grangersreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TIP: Always have saltwater made up for emergencies, you never know when you kid will dump something in your tank. Oh and “Go slow and have patients” haha yea right

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tip: Don't chase pH!

There are so many different things we have to measure and optimal conditions we strive for, removing pH from that list makes things quite a bit more manageable. It's easy to get caught up in hitting exact numbers, but what matters more is consistency provided you are within acceptable ranges.

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus entry - thread for fish illness:
1593718432890.png

Daddio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't panic... patience...
A drastic change is most likely worse than the problem you are trying to fix.

RichReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best advice that I have ever received was that CORAL was the best nutrient filter in your tank.

When I first started my tank my friend told me not to slack on adding coral. That coral used phosphate and nitrate and needed it to grow so the more you had, the less nutrient export you needed. He said you see all those nice SPS tanks on the web that are full? That's one giant filter.

To add another piece of advice he gave me, coral first. Fish later.

cassilyn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best tip I have gotten is to research and ask lots of questions. I have done enough research that I now feel confident that when I start my build next month, I'll be ahead of the game.

rjw1989

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus entry: link to my build.

rjw1989

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus entry: what I liked most about your website is your k7 light, I like it’s shape. Though I did notice that you have a 40% restocking fee on returns.

Tian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say..the best advice I got, was dont skimp on lights!!! Yes, I did at first..guilty. A top of the line light will save heartache down the road..and also..keep an dye on your clean up crew..replace as needed, before things get out of hand!

Tomknox47

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plenty of good advice on here!
I think one of the most overlooked things when coming into his hobby is actually a small but quite simple one. It Is to be organized. Know where you’re equipment is, know where you’re going to store rodi/salt water and your filter ahead of time. And also one thing I did not realize when getting into the hobby is you WILL spill water, it’s almost inevitable doesn’t matter how careful you are. With that being said, having cleaning supplies such as, towels and a wet dry vac has saved me a ton in this hobby.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 29 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back