Noopsyche Helpful Reefer Giveaway! Win a K7 Pro II LED Reef Light!!

smarthawk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best piece of advice I have gotten is to not only read online forums, but read books. My father gave me a few marine fish keeping books he used in college and they’ve came in handy a couple times in my young tanks existence.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bonus 5: updated build thread:

Morbo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best advice I was given early on was that research is key; forums like R2R and the internet are full of helpful, and sometimes not so help advice. Ask questions, investigate livestock, equipment, etc. before making any purchases. Just because "Dori" looks cute, doesn't mean it's an appropriate candidate for inclusion in your setup. I've passed this on to my kids (one has a freshwater tank and the other a Crested Gecko).

Morbo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus 1 - Just started this thread to research my choices for a shrimp to pair with my Goby.

Morbo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus 4: The Noopsyche Hybrid looks awesome. Never really did much with T5s, always used LEDs, but this looks cool.

Darsh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Build thread update :)

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One of the best tips I have ever received was to wear gloves and be very careful when fragging zoos and Palys. I wish I would have been careful. I don’t know how it happened but I got toxin from a zooanthid in my mouth. A little later I took a drink of water and it felt almost like I touched a 9-volt battery to my tongue. Scared me to death. I was fine by morning but I have been much more careful since.
Congratulations @Bededog!! You're our winner for this giveaway! Please PM me to claim your prize!!

*Prize must be claimed within 72 hours or we will redraw for a new winner.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Luckyduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish the winner was drawn on the best tip instead of randomly generated. Oh well. Congrats BedeDog! Youz a lucky dog! Lol

darrick001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best advice. Every action has ripple affect. You may not see it for a while but every thing you do or don't do has an affect. Add a reactor to combat something. The reactor does it's job but the water running through the reactor builds a large bacteria population. You don't change the media on time so the bacteria process waste at a faster pace, increase the CO2 level. Now you see a spike in nitrate . This causes a diatom or algae outbreak. Every little thing makes a difference. Balance and dedication to the little things.

Luckyduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best advice. Every action has ripple affect. You may not see it for a while but every thing you do or don't do has an affect. Add a reactor to combat something. The reactor does it's job but the water running through the reactor builds a large bacteria population. You don't change the media on time so the bacteria process waste at a faster pace, increase the CO2 level. Now you see a spike in nitrate . This causes a diatom or algae outbreak. Every little thing makes a difference. Balance and dedication to the little things.
Lol good piece of advise but the contest is over bud.

MightyMO

"The Algae made me do it!!!"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got advice from Mr Dana Riddle about CO2 evaporation and heat exchange recently. I ended up making an egg crate lid for my tank to help aleiviate some of those issues. I am already seeing some of the cyano recede. Also received help from vette guy with my cyano and alkalinity issues. Waiting on a shipment of goods to start getting everything back where it needs to be...

Official entry.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 72 86.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.6%
Back