Noopsyche K3 Wifi Setup (including mesh wifi) tips

DanTheReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I got 3X Noopsyche K3 Wifi fixtures for my 75g. Tank is currently a holding tank in temporary place, we’re building a new house which will have a 120g.

Some setup tips:
1) Mounting brackets were easy to install, but there aren’t instructions for it. There is a video by Noopsyche on YouTube.

2) If you have a mesh wifi (we have google wifi), you run into usual headache of setting up 2.4ghz wifi devices via their LAN option. This happens because your phone is on the 5 GHz channel while the light is on 2.4 - they can’t talk to each other. Got around this by walking outside house with my phone only (lights still mounted on tank) until barely had wifi signal, then attempted to connect. When you have a low signal the mesh will move your phone to the 2.4 channel. Once I did this everything worked and I haven’t had issues reconnecting from inside the house.

3) Their videos are better than the included directions. The instructions are a little choppy where you can’t tell what they were intending to say. The iPhone app has everything you need but is also a little unrefined for English users, some prompts aren’t in English, etc.

4) You can save your settings as a QR image in your photos app. Saving and loading worked as expected.

Overall, the lights are what they advertised. Our late friend Jake Adam recently did a video talking about how some LED manufacturers were advertising higher LED wattages than they actually delivered. In this case, they advertise 140 watts and they actually are 140 watts with everything at 100%.
000D34F6-BFC1-4AC2-8A0F-59D68971B980.png

I’m running one via LAN as a master with the other two connected to it. I can’t tell a difference between any of the lights when they are going through the daily cycle. The seem to have matched spectrums and intensities.

So far the biggest changes I’d make are the user directions. I also wish there were a way to turn off the green/ red/ blue LEDs on the front that are used for programming. They are a bit distracting. It looks like they included stickers to put over them, but I’d prefer they just turn off.

Overall, very happy. I think they are best value lights in the hobby.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Setup and programming very similar to that of Ai hydra and prime lighting

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back