Noopsyche K7 Coral growth/color study

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that 180G 5ft long tank from your sig?

Reason i am asking is because I am quite interested in these lights for my 120G 4ft tank, so curious to see how many fixtures I should aim for. There was mention that it would need 6 for SPS tank, but seeing how you have 6 over your makes me wonder.

Thanks
I have 6, you might want 5-6.

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 6, you might want 5-6.
Yea, if want sps then yes because it is 24in deep
@Manose did you discuss a possible group buy with @noopsyche for these lights? There was a mention of perhaps, maybe, possibly, something could be done. If not, @noopsyche , seeing how these lights are getting quite a good exposure on R2R, and have people talking, would there be a chance of doing a group buy sometimes in the future?

Thanks again for all the hard work and constant updates. Looking forward to results here as well.
I have and will do some kind of group buy as we will have access to them here in the states in bigger supply sometime soon ;););)

A sea K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just want to give a big TIA!, been over at the black box thread and am very interested in these lights. I'll be in here to see how this develops. Running the same DT as the OP with mainly LPS. Really been thinking hard about changing things up and lighting would be the first target so this is of special importance to me.

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just want to give a big TIA!, been over at the black box thread and am very interested in these lights. I'll be in here to see how this develops. Running the same DT as the OP with mainly LPS. Really been thinking hard about changing things up and lighting would be the first target so this is of special importance to me.
That is very awesome that you have the 80gal rimless. :) I am betting 3 of these lights will rock this tank so much so we may have to turn the intensity down a fair bit, we will see after I hook them up and get some par readings. My lights should be in this week and need to get some cheato for my sump(got some crazy nitrates going on)but Algae Barn is out right now :(

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see if I can bring you some Saturday. My buddy has a good healthy growth of it and his tank has no aptasia or other nasties in it.
YOU ROCK!!! I am terrified of bad critters that is why I was going to order from AB. If it is clean then I trust you bring me some :)

A sea K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is very awesome that you have the 80gal rimless. :) I am betting 3 of these lights will rock this tank so much so we may have to turn the intensity down a fair bit, we will see after I hook them up and get some par readings. My lights should be in this week and need to get some cheato for my sump(got some crazy nitrates going on)but Algae Barn is out right now :(
Thats great! I'll be looking forward to it with great interest.

LowLi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, if want sps then yes because it is 24in deep

I have and will do some kind of group buy as we will have access to them here in the states in bigger supply sometime soon ;););)
patiently waiting.

by chance know How many i would need for a 120 with a center brace 48x24

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
patiently waiting.

by chance know How many i would need for a 120 with a center brace 48x24
Depends on what you want to keep as I would start with 2 then go up from there as your coral needs grow. In a nice lps mixed reef 2 would be plenty but 4 in a sps mixed reef.

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bad boys arrived today so the study is on!!! I am excited to mount these and give my tank some light!!
arrival.jpg

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bad boys arrived today so the study is on!!! I am excited to mount these and give my tank some light!!
arrival.jpg

I had to read your post twice. At first, I saw "big boys" instead of bad boys and after reading your most recent post on the BB study page about the "big boys" removing you I was all confused.

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cue Rocky theme song. LOL!

Gonna make that 80 look sharp!
LOL I am going to play that while I hook them up. I bet my fish will love it :p

I had to read your post twice. At first, I saw "big boys" instead of bad boys and after reading your most recent post on the BB study page about the "big boys" removing you I was all confused.
Well these are as good as the big boys so why not.....;Pompus

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back