OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been keeping an eye on any mention of these lights since I'll be starting up my tank very soon. The more I see of them, the more I want them!

Anyway to mount these on a eurobraced tank? Or in a canopy?

Edit: Also, the tank is 5ftx2ftx2ft. Planning mostly softies/LPS with a few SPS once the system matures. Do you think 5 of these would work or 6?
The mount itself would not work on a euro braced tank but it can be rigged up to be hung in a canopy(you would have to make or buy some type of bracket)
On that tank I would go 6 lights but 5 would be fine till you get a few sps.

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am at hope sick with the Flu but I managed to take some pics of my new dosing method.
atipro.jpg
kaomerx1setup.jpg

So far very stable Alk but will change when I add coral.
I understand this has nothing to do with the lights but we want water quality really stable so we can see how these lights perform.

A sea K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am at hope sick with the Flu but I managed to take some pics of my new dosing method.

Hate to hear that, hope you get well soon. I had that crud a few weeks back. I'm one of those fortunate individuals who rarely gets sick and when I do it is usually mild. Not this time, I was down for several days and actually missed work on one of them which has never happened before. Just getting older I guess.

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Battling some ugly algae that I believe are diatoms but if they are dinos then I will redo the tank and start over. I will confirm hopefully after I get a microscope in that I ordered.
I have coral waiting to come to the tank but I am not willing to put them in till I have an all clear from the algae guys.
My mom is in the hospital so I am not able to get to the pc and update as much as I want
Please bear with me,

Matt

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following, sorry about all of that.
Thank you, we brought mom home today and she is doing 100% from how she was. I have to keep an eye on her all day and that is fine as I am able to be with her more.
I hope that I can get this tank clear real fast so we can put some coral under these lights.

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank had been battling dinos as you guys probably know and is now way better and ready to start this study. Once I get some more money together we can start selecting coral
for this test. I am thinking some LPS frags to start and then we shall go for some SPS when we have aged a bit more.
We need to come up with some test variables so please let me know some ideas :)
Here are pics of the tank now after killing many dinos:
IMG_20190225_144720.jpg

IMG_20190225_144639.jpg

I am excited to see what these lights can do.................

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any updates ! :)

:)
Been dealing with a sick mother and now things are looking up so I can get some work done on this.
I should be able to get some coral this week end but first I need some cleanup crew to deal with some diatoms that took place of the dreaded dinos that I had.

kamla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been dealing with a sick mother and now things are looking up so I can get some work done on this.
I should be able to get some coral this week end but first I need some cleanup crew to deal with some diatoms that took place of the dreaded dinos that I had.

ooohh Sorry to hear that.

hope she feels better soon...

Back