Noopsyche K7 Pro II - Crimson's Review and Growth Thread

Cerberusfish

View Badges
Reaction score
You won’t regret getting these lights. I have used them for over a year with out any problems. Some people complain about the controller. I think it’s because most people are familiar with a touch screen.However once you set the lights up. You will probably not mess with the lights much. At least that has been my experience.
I will say, the controller has lost my programming a few times when I've gone to make adjustments and had to start over which is very annoying. But ideally you won't have to change it ever. I've had to change mine when I decided to start keeping higher light corals and needed to slowly ramp up to accommodate, and again when I added the third fixture.

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
You won’t regret getting these lights. I have used them for over a year with out any problems. Some people complain about the controller. I think it’s because most people are familiar with a touch screen.However once you set the lights up. You will probably not mess with the lights much. At least that has been my experience.
I’ve used my controller three times in a year. First time to program the initial 4 that I bought, then to add a program to the two additional I bought for the frag tank, then third was to reduce settings during a move to a new house because I put everyone into 2 frag tanks for a month

practically set it and forget it.

alabella1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm entertaining grabbing 2 of these plus the controller for my RSM 250 and sticking them in the existing hood/T5 area. What are your thoughts on that?

Cerberusfish

View Badges
Reaction score
I'm entertaining grabbing 2 of these plus the controller for my RSM 250 and sticking them in the existing hood/T5 area. What are your thoughts on that?
I definitely would. I've had them for about a year now and they're a great light. Are they perfect? No. But they work really well still, especially for what you pay for.

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Would 6 of these over a mixed reef 6'x24" be overkill? Standard 180 has two braces, so divides the tank into 24x24" 'sections' x 3. 2 lights per section

I currently have 3 mars aqua 165w, but hate that there is no dimming and I'm sure I could do way better

I do have growth on a couple favia, some Duncan's, hammers at mid tank, plus happy fungia plates on the sand. Looking to add a lot more lps and some easy sps very soon

Thanks!

Did you end up buying these for the 180? I think Im getting towards the end of the life cycle for my sbreeflights on my standard 180 (run 6 of those LEDs currently) and was thinking of slowly migrating over to these. How is growth on SPS?

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Did you end up buying these for the 180? I think Im getting towards the end of the life cycle for my sbreeflights on my standard 180 (run 6 of those LEDs currently) and was thinking of slowly migrating over to these. How is growth on SPS?
Yes- I got amazing results using 4 over the 180, and I have 3 more for and frag tanks.

Cyphastrea on the bottom sand have exploded and gained almost triple size in a year or so. Encrusting monti has also made big growth gains. Anemones tripled in size in a month and split 3-4 times.

They discontinued the K2’s, and are now offering a new K3 with a different diode set up, higher power, and better remote for around the same price. Will he released in about a month.

Cerberusfish

View Badges
Reaction score
My sps growth has been fine. I'm growing montipora (various kinds) birds nest, a couple different types of pavona, ANacropora (no actual ACROpora just yet) and they all do well. They aren't the most intense of lights but they grow SPS just fine.

Do you care whether or not you have wave action in your reef tank?

• YES

Votes: 238 40.7%
  • SOMEWHAT

Votes: 160 27.4%
  • NO

Votes: 180 30.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 1.2%
RED SEA