Noopsyche K7 Pro II - Crimson's Review and Growth Thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the recommended coverage of each of these lights? I have a 8ft long x 30inch wide x 2ft tall 300gal.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sps dominant so teah thats what i figured. 200 per light? That everything or power supply or controller seperate? And 200 is to your door?

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 questions. 1 are these comparable to radions or the hydras?
2 i see similar no name lights on ebay, 90watt ect. Are they all the same? Thinking about using a couple under my display in an anemone tank and a frag tank.

kamla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 questions. 1 are these comparable to radions or the hydras?
2 i see similar no name lights on ebay, 90watt ect. Are they all the same? Thinking about using a couple under my display in an anemone tank and a frag tank.

They are good light..

BUT the controller is not that good.
take a while to get used to it and you can easily mess up ur settings.

Plus no phone app :(

for the price i am happy with mine.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so total would be 1600-2k to light the 8ftx30.
Its an interesting option that i may use on my frag tanks. On the display ill stick with the ledzeal.com Malibu s400 2x4ft=800 4x4ft 1600. If i do 4 of them ill definitely have to lower the output of them. They also have wifi. But ill be using cwstrife layout on them.

OP
OP
Crimsonvice

Crimsonvice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the delay in updating.

I do think these are a decent option. They seemed to function well, you were able to add dimming points which are a step above other black box leds. I did notice coral growth, and color seemed as good as my previous setup.

I do think there needs to be an adjustment to the controller. An app or improved controller would be a welcome improvement! It is very basic and somewhat difficult to program. The given instructions were difficult to understand, but I believe this is being improved, if not already corrected. An app would be amazing, and probably not difficult to implement.

Although they are a nice fixture, I did decide to put them on the shelf. I am currently using GHL Mitras.

Overall, if you are looking for a decent light on a budget, this is an option. I am a huge fan of Ocean Revive Leds and would recommend them to anyone in a heart beat. If you want more control and similar budget as the K7, I would look into Reef Breeders V2. It has a more refined controller and more dimming points. I am not hating on the light by any means, I just think there are some better options for similar or cheaper pricing.

Last edited:

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back