Noopsyche K7 Pro II Review --- NEW GROWTH IMAGES

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious as to what your lighting was before the noopsyche? Those corals did not look right at all.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Also, not to be a downer, but I own many of those same corals. Colors under your new lights look normal however have to say that the growth is not overly impressive. However may be just now recovering so will be interesting to see them in another couple of months.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to be clear. You can't attribute all the success to the lighting then?

OP
OP
Marquiseo

Marquiseo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Also, not to be a downer, but I own many of those same corals. Colors under your new lights look normal however have to say that the growth is not overly impressive. However may be just now recovering so will be interesting to see them in another couple of months.
The intent of posting the progress is not show some magic fast growth or coloration; it is just to show that these lights can indeed grow and color corals unlike many of the new lights brought to market. Besides lighting is just one part of the equation needed for the coral's growth and color. It is safe to say that the Noopsyche K7 Pro can be used to fill the lighting portion.

Last edited:

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The intent of posting the progress is not show some magic fast growth or coloration; it is just to show that these lights can indeed grow and color corals unlike many of the new lights brought to market. Besides lighting is just one part of the equation needed for the coral's growth and color. It is say to say that the Noopsyche K7 Pro can be used to fill the lighting portion.
You did a lot of changes tho. But your only "reviewing" the lights. I'm not trying to be negative at all. I do kinda like those lights. And I'm interested in seeing what they can do. It just seems you're putting all the success into the lights alone.

OP
OP
Marquiseo

Marquiseo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to be clear. You can't attribute all the success to the lighting then?
Could be; too many variables to check (light height, intensity, and spectrum to name a few). I ran the AI primes since initial setup. The AI prime configuration could have been incorrect for my coral's need. All I know is the Noopsyche K7 Pro is working out for me since the switch.

OP
OP
Marquiseo

Marquiseo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You did a lot of changes tho. But your only "reviewing" the lights. I'm not trying to be negative at all. I do kinda like those lights. And I'm interested in seeing what they can do. It just seems you're putting all the success into the lights alone.
No, I made one change which was the tank; same sand, rock, and water. The setup is still skimmerless just as the AIO was. I'm still using the same doser settings.

This thread is about reviewing the lights.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AI Prime but it wasn't the cause of the coral issues. The tank I was previously using was an AIO which I struggled with so I moved everything over to my Red Reefer Nano which has been working out great since the switch in early January.

OP
OP
Marquiseo

Marquiseo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I made one change which was the tank; same sand, rock, and water. The setup is still skimmerless just as the AIO was. I'm still using the same doser settings.

This thread is about reviewing the lights.
In your quote of my quote, I clearly state I changed the tank.

Anyways, not here to debate about that. Thanks for viewing my thread. Stay tuned for future updates.

OP
OP
Marquiseo

Marquiseo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

I switched my tank to softies and LPS only.

Here is an update of my bounce mushroom:

Jan 2019
FB_IMG_1563143331353.jpg

July 2019
20190714_161224.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back