Noopsyche K7 Pro v3 lighting spectrum programs? Need basic info plus what are YOU running your Noopsych at?

Hal3134

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I have my new K7 Pro v3 light operational. However, I'm a little unclear on the auto programs that come built into the app. The "Sps" program has a ramp up to 90-95% for the red spectrum, and zero output for the 2 other channels. I'm not sure why there are only 3 channels listed when manual mode appears to give you several more channels.

However, the mixed sps/lps program emphasizes the blue spectrum, with the blue ramping up to 90%, and the red only ramps up to 20%. There's a third channel in the sps/lps that ramps up to 50% or so (I'm just guessing off memory).

My question is why is the red channel so low for the mixed sps/lps program, given that it is so much higher for the "sps" only program.

Second question, what are you all running your K7 Pro v3's at for programs? I have a mixed reef currently, but am trying to add more sps, with my goal to be 70% sps, then a mix of lps and softies.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t help with the specific question but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some attention

underwaterjr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t use the pre set sps or lps settings. I played with manual until I liked the look which can be very subjective depending on personal taste. I came from metal halides and I like a more white look. Just play around until you get the look you like. I did a 6 hour peak with 3 hour ramp on each side. As far as intensity only a par meter can tell you how high to turn them up. I recently purchased a meter and was very surprised at how high the readings were and had to turn the lights way down. They really pack a punch.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%

Back