Noopsyche or AI Prime?

dave57

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

E6693307-04A7-4906-AA02-1505FD7C8ACE.jpeg
B752BDEA-011B-4D59-B593-F7FB7743B03A.jpeg

I really like my Noopsyches, AI is cool too. I have them on my other tank. If you want more controllability as far as phone app adjustability.. AI would be my pick. they both grow corals and they both kill corals depends on how you set them up.

OP
OP
Luckyduck

Luckyduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So how your experience after using Noopsyche ?Pls update ..
Noopsyche is great! Love it. It has way more power than the Prime and much better PAR! I'm also adding an 8" Reef Brite UVA to really make my corals pop but color has definitely improved since I switched to the Noopsyche.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
someone was saying in another post on noops that there wasnt any deep blue and the royal blue and regular blue made the tank look like a windex blue and not deep enough blues he said that combining those blue and no warm white also attributed to that look. Someone else said something about the tank looking greenish! I am looking at the maxspect now. Does anyone agree with that?

What is the uv or the lavender spectrum? Does anyone know? Maxpect razor has 390 uv , 400 violet, 410 violet, 440 deep blue but just one per puck, 450 royal blue, 470 cool blue 500 cyan. cool white and warm white 660 deep red. That sounds like its a great light and not that expensive. BRS did a review and said it had the widest uv blue spectrum they have seen! I just hate the look of it on legs and hanging as well. I love the way noops look! But this spectrum is hard to beat What should I do? LOL What do you think @Dana Riddle I would love to hear your opion on the razor and that spectrum
Also looking into the zetlight ufo. It has even bigger spectrum like 12 channels. It also has amber and 2 reds. a dense matrix type leds and something they call a hybrid quart lens. That is the 8300 ufo. I don tlike the channels that are together like red with white and wierd mixes, but they have a new model called the z8 that has all seperate channels and took away a lot of the colors, basically about like a noop and they took away the lens to. I was going to buy that from marine and reef for 249.00 the 10 percent off and someone beat me to the last ones! Everyone else wants 299.00 for it so I just cant do that after missing out on it for 225.00, Plus they dont mention the leds on the z8. The 8300 was cree, oh and maxspect uses cree! I also found an open box too pretty cheap on maxspect! Then I was thinking about radion but I think Radion uses cree as well just the special hei lens and since maxspect is the type on legs it will give plenty spread anyway and the open box is an inch bigger on both sides of my tank! So I get an xtra puck basicaly then If I bought the smaller one! I have to figure this out soon! If not it will sell out too! I keep snoozin and loosin! LOL Someone sold this same light a few weeks ago on here for 450 0b0 and came with maxspect controller for gyre ect, I think he let it go creallu cheap and he said it was brand new!

OP
OP
Luckyduck

Luckyduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
someone was saying in another post on noops that there wasnt any deep blue and the royal blue and regular blue made the tank look like a windex blue and not deep enough blues he said that combining those blue and no warm white also attributed to that look. Someone else said something about the tank looking greenish! I am looking at the maxspect now. Does anyone agree with that?

What is the uv or the lavender spectrum? Does anyone know? Maxpect razor has 390 uv , 400 violet, 410 violet, 440 deep blue but just one per puck, 450 royal blue, 470 cool blue 500 cyan. cool white and warm white 660 deep red. That sounds like its a great light and not that expensive. BRS did a review and said it had the widest uv blue spectrum they have seen! I just hate the look of it on legs and hanging as well. I love the way noops look! But this spectrum is hard to beat What should I do? LOL What do you think @Dana Riddle I would love to hear your opion on the razor and that spectrum
Also looking into the zetlight ufo. It has even bigger spectrum like 12 channels. It also has amber and 2 reds. a dense matrix type leds and something they call a hybrid quart lens. That is the 8300 ufo. I don tlike the channels that are together like red with white and wierd mixes, but they have a new model called the z8 that has all seperate channels and took away a lot of the colors, basically about like a noop and they took away the lens to. I was going to buy that from marine and reef for 249.00 the 10 percent off and someone beat me to the last ones! Everyone else wants 299.00 for it so I just cant do that after missing out on it for 225.00, Plus they dont mention the leds on the z8. The 8300 was cree, oh and maxspect uses cree! I also found an open box too pretty cheap on maxspect! Then I was thinking about radion but I think Radion uses cree as well just the special hei lens and since maxspect is the type on legs it will give plenty spread anyway and the open box is an inch bigger on both sides of my tank! So I get an xtra puck basicaly then If I bought the smaller one! I have to figure this out soon! If not it will sell out too! I keep snoozin and loosin! LOL Someone sold this same light a few weeks ago on here for 450 0b0 and came with maxspect controller for gyre ect, I think he let it go creallu cheap and he said it was brand new!
I dont agree with the tank looking greenish or "windexy" at all. There is a blue, deep/dark blue & UV. I barley run my whites only 10% and Red/Green @ 3% I was skeptical at first but I switched from an AI Prime 16HD and am very pleased. If that doesn't tell you something...

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sorry for the tardy reply - was on the road all day Thursday. Which Razor model?

lilopop11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my sps after 1 week using 2 Noopsyche in my tank. Great result, and great coloration. But i dont really satisfied with color output, but hey, its only $126 (In my country). What do you expect ??

I Have better result than before ( I used Hydra 52 ) and im very happy with it ..
PicsArt_08-17-08.59.21.jpg
PicsArt_08-17-08.56.18.jpg

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 149 60.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 27.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 85 34.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 66 26.9%
Back