NOPOX- Starting again after stopping 2 weeks Ago

LuisJr80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I was on a regime of 0.5ml daily for a few days, then at 1ml for a few days than 1.5ml for a few days than 2ml for the duration of treatment until phosphate and nitrate drop.

I stopped NOPOX a few weeks ago but now my levels are back up. Do I need to titrating slowly again or can I just go to 2ml from the start?

D615FD5B-BA3E-4751-AAD7-07EAB5C95E33.jpeg BD9F2D30-D974-4044-A984-0EF5FFF5261C.jpeg

OfficeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd recommend you slowly adjust your dosing back to levels that are acceptable. Keep in mind that plenty of folks have been able to work with these level of nitrates but the phosphates are a tad elevated. I would suggest redosing again and measuring more than the 2x per week, 3-4x would be more ideal as you cater the dosage against too low of levels, as one doesn't want them to bottom out but remain consistently low.

OP
OP
L

LuisJr80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd recommend you slowly adjust your dosing back to levels that are acceptable. Keep in mind that plenty of folks have been able to work with these level of nitrates but the phosphates are a tad elevated. I would suggest redosing again and measuring more than the 2x per week, 3-4x would be more ideal as you cater the dosage against too low of levels, as one doesn't want them to bottom out but remain consistently low.
Will do! Thanks for the advice.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back