NoPox - to up the dose or not.

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my ICP test back...Potassium was my only really low value...so I've started dosing from RedSea's test colors. I'll see how it goes after a month. I also dose their Coral Nutrition AB+ (at half dose since I just started about a month ago, and I want to slowly ramp up)....Do you think these will help? The corals are dying....they just aren't growing much.
Sorry, I have no expertise in coral growth and micro nutrient additives.

Samples

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. 25 is low and if your already .03 with your phos then I would stick with the balance you got
i'd leave it alone, I would stay away from No pox or anything that is not naturally occurring. I've tried vibrant I've tried no pox and it seems everything that is not natural or natural occurring in nature has some bad side effects. Get a good cleanup crew, do your water changes faithfully, Feed your fish and corals good healthy natural ground up fresh seafood. That has been my best experience so far

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'd leave it alone, I would stay away from No pox or anything that is not naturally occurring. I've tried vibrant I've tried no pox and it seems everything that is not natural or natural occurring in nature has some bad side effects. Get a good cleanup crew, do your water changes faithfully, Feed your fish and corals good healthy natural ground up fresh seafood. That has been my best experience so far

What bad effect did you observe with NOPOX?

All of ingredients in NOPOX are naturally occurring in the ocean, and adding it is just a natural process expanded in degree. You may not like it for some reason (including driving a natural process to unnatural extent), but to claim it is an unnatural process is incorrect.

That said, for organic carbon dosing I prefer vinegar dosing since the acetate in it is so widely used by organisms, both naturally and in an aquarium, including bacteria, corals, and sponges.

FWIW, there are almost no husbandry techniques that reefers use that are not demonstrated to take place in the ocean to some extent. These include things that many reefers would consider unnatural, such as lanthanum to precipitate phosphate, CaCO3/CO2 reactors, ozone or hydrogen peroxide addition, UV units, skimmers, etc.

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What bad effect did you observe with NOPOX?

All of ingredients in NOPOX are naturally occurring in the ocean, and adding it is just a natural process expanded in degree. You may not like it for some reason (including driving a natural process to unnatural extent), but to claim it is an unnatural process is incorrect.

That said, for organic carbon dosing I prefer vinegar dosing since the acetate in it is so widely used by organisms, both naturally and in an aquarium, including bacteria, corals, and sponges.

FWIW, there are almost no husbandry techniques that reefers use that are not demonstrated to take place in the ocean to some extent. These include things that many reefers would consider unnatural, such as lanthanum to precipitate phosphate, CaCO3/CO2 reactors, ozone or hydrogen peroxide addition, UV units, skimmers, etc.
Hello Randy, when you switch from nopox to vinegar wich dose would you use? For example if you use 12ml nopox you will use 12 ml vinegar?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back