Normal Clown behavior? I don’t think so...

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clown fish are weird, but that seems weird even for a clown fish. What are your tank parameters? How new is the tank? Has it been eating? Is there a new fan? My clowns use to like to play in the water currents, but they definitely looked like they were playing.

OP
OP
ImNewAtThis

ImNewAtThis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clown fish are weird, but that seems weird even for a clown fish. What are your tank parameters? How new is the tank? Has it been eating? Is there a new fan? My clowns use to like to play in the water currents, but they definitely looked like they were playing.
It’s my momma’s tank, I will ask her parameters. Her tank is about two months old, but she did just add two new fish the other day.

excell007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can you turn off the filter and power head(if there's any), then take another video? let's see how it swims in calmer water.

OP
OP
ImNewAtThis

ImNewAtThis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s my momma’s tank, I will ask her parameters. Her tank is about two months old, but she did just add two new fish the other day.

DE70068C-7030-4C34-A581-10397AC899E5.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh! The video shows that the fish is basically moribund - it is too weak and isn't able to maintain a proper position in the water. This is VERY serious and is very difficult to resolve once this stage is seen. It looks thin to me, which implies that the issue has gone on for a bit of time. I hate to say it, but that fish isn't likely to survive. The next question is - what was the problem, and are there other fish in the tank that could develop the same problem?

Jay

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put her is a breeding cage to keep her from bouncing around. She may have a small stroke. I had a large female A. percula that basically have the same thing. I isolated her and she lived. Several weeks later she started to improved. She acts mostly normal now, but still hav emild balance problem still (1 year after she first got sick. Now she is normal in every way, and is breeding, except she still have a little broblem with keeping balance at times.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 111 57.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 57 29.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 69 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 33 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 58 30.1%
Back