North East Ohio Reefers

Shmollica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone! I am located in Massillon Ohio, about 15 minutes west of Canton. I moved up about six months ago and after giving all my live stock away before the move I wanted to restock on some nice frags and healthy fish. I found a store called “ocean rift aquatics” in north canton, but every tank was overrun with aptasia (not to mention the flat worms and other pests). Is this normal for an LFS? Was I spoiled in Asheville NC? Hahaha really though, where do you Akron/canton Ohio people go? I’m going to check out some in Cleveland and will let you all know how those stores are. If you want free aptasia with every frag; go to ocean rift!

SaltyWaffles

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is an amazing store about 30 minutes east of Cleveland called blue fish aquariums. Tanks all clean and lots of healthy frags. They do have some saltwater live stock, all very healthy but not a ton. The workers there are sharp as a tack and love their jobs so it's an amazing place. Also have good priced live rock.

reeferguy125

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral Reefs in Akron is a good place not to far from you, im in massillon/perry and thats where i go first as its the closest place that is fairly well maintained. Its not a huge store, but the owners are really nice and knowledgable and honest people. Ive picked up some nice fish and corals for good prices compaired to other LFS. The downfall is because they are a smaller shop, there is a small window right after they get their shipments in to pick up the nicer stuff.

markwayts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone! I am located in Massillon Ohio, about 15 minutes west of Canton. I moved up about six months ago and after giving all my live stock away before the move I wanted to restock on some nice frags and healthy fish. I found a store called “ocean rift aquatics” in north canton, but every tank was overrun with aptasia (not to mention the flat worms and other pests). Is this normal for an LFS? Was I spoiled in Asheville NC? Hahaha really though, where do you Akron/canton Ohio people go? I’m going to check out some in Cleveland and will let you all know how those stores are. If you want free aptasia with every frag; go to ocean rift!
Coral Reefs in Akron is a good place not to far from you, im in massillon/perry and thats where i go first as its the closest place that is fairly well maintained. Its not a huge store, but the owners are really nice and knowledgable and honest people. Ive picked up some nice fish and corals for good prices compaired to other LFS. The downfall is because they are a smaller shop, there is a small window right after they get their shipments in to pick up the nicer stuff.
Tidal gardens in Copley is the best frag store in the state. About 20 min north of you on us21. You can order on their website and pick up in person or email them for a chance to walk around and shop.

OP
OP
Shmollica

Shmollica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve visited everywhere recommended except tidal gardens so far. Blue Fish Aquariums was absolutely amazing. Great tanks reasonable prices and knowledgeable staff. That’s my new lfs for sure!

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great Lakes Fish and Coral is fairly new but impressive, worth checking out, I plan on heading back soon to buy some frags!

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Camaro Show Corals will be in Cleveland and Canton if anyone is looking for any frags From my insane collection.

OhioHome

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
close to where you live.. i live in same area...
ocean rift aquatics, Coral Reef Marine, Sharkbait.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back