North Mississippi Reefkeeping Society

KalamazooReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, so a while back, I tried to put the feelers out and have the reefkeepers in and around Oxford (where I’m located) check in…but turns out, there’s not a lot of activity in the hobby right on my doorstep. However, it does seem like there are reefers spread across North Mississippi that are having to travel a heck of a long way for frag swaps and any sort of support system from other reefers in general. Therefore, I’m doing away with the hyper local group idea.

Instead, I’m forming the North Mississippi Reefkeeping Society. As stated on previous posts, I’ll get a Facebook group up and rolling in the near future. In years to come, maybe we figure out a small annual event or something, for reefkeepers across the region. Regardless what it shapes up to be, we need something, because right now, we’re trapped between Memphis and Jackson, in “no man’s land”. I look forward to bringing this together and meeting anyone who wants to be involved. Check in, please, if you’re up for it!

Best,
Nick
(KalamazooReefer)

taricha

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for doing this for us North MS folks.

OP
OP
KalamazooReefer

KalamazooReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for doing this for us North MS folks.
Absolutely. I quit my previous job and moved to Oxford to pursue a lower-paying career, in large part because my wife and I simply love North MS. It always felt right here. The only major drawback I can see so far, is that it is truly a “no man’s land” for reefkeepers. Despite how crazy the move and starting my new job has been, I felt like I had to do something. It’ll take some time, but I’ll grow it into something tangible. I figured getting the word out was the first order of business, so I pulled the trigger.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back