Northern nv reef club

Reef_Pilot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool I didnt realize we had reefers in northern nevada. Any cool stores you guys recommend up there?

There is Strictly Reef, another one just went out of business, but some of the employee's are going to open a new one, in a new location, although I haven't checked it out, then there is the typical Petco's. There are several good LFS in Sacramento which is a two hour drive.

estebanb450

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exotic aquatics off keystone ave. In the save mart plaza On the 4th street side if that makes sense scoped it out it’s nice. They still don’t have a descent selection of reef stuff fresh water and pond stuff they have.
In sac what places you visit. I go to your reef and aquarium depot.

George Willings

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquarium Depot is where I got my ******* orange speckle bubble tip anemone. It killed some zoas I had just picked up. Placed the zoas high in the tank, woke up the next day with the anemone literally on top of them with its foot. When it finally moved, the zoa heads never popped back out, I gave a week and a half and nothing. So yes, the anemone is an *******.

Reef_Pilot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exotic aquatics off keystone ave. In the save mart plaza On the 4th street side if that makes sense scoped it out it’s nice. They still don’t have a descent selection of reef stuff fresh water and pond stuff they have.
In sac what places you visit. I go to your reef and aquarium depot.
Your Reef & Aquarium Depot are the two main shops I like in Sac too. I’ll have to go check out Exotic Aquatics soon.

George Willings

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yes I remember Estebanb450. I recently had to trim the cheato that I used and paid it forward to another guy here in Fernley. The bunch I got from you, I used a golf ball size the rest I paid forward to a guy I work with.

Recently my favia tried checking out, started to bleach from the lights being up to high, and running GFO. So turned off the reactor, and dialed back the lights. Favia is coloring back up. Going to empty the reactor and run just carbon in it and let the cheato feast on the PO2.

estebanb450

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having the opposite issue can’t keep phosphate or nitrate in my system but started dosing some KZ products see if it helps. About 3 weeks in

Chris04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7429b74f46ed543f46b0fd24111e067c.jpg

Come on out and enjoy the frag swap

George Willings

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having the opposite issue can’t keep phosphate or nitrate in my system but started dosing some KZ products see if it helps. About 3 weeks in
Had a nasty bout with Ostreopsis Dino's, took out 5 corals before I get it under control. Had to dose phosphate and nitrate into the system to raise those levels to feed algae's to compete with the dino's. GHA grew like a SOB in the middle rear compartment of my Biocube, but that did do the trick and made the dino's go back into hibernation. Since the nitrate and phosphate levels have dropped back down to more manageable levels. Right now, slowly putting together a 55 gallon build, and not sure what I am going to do with the Biocube. Thinking about a seahorse tank for my wife, she has a thing for seahorses.

D100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New here at Reef2Reef. I'm from Reno and I'm looking for people in the area to buy sale and trade some coral with. I only have a 20 gallon tank but it's full of coral.

20181029_141141.jpg

D100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a frog spawn and a large Hollywood stunner I would like to sell.
20181026_130736.jpg

Frog spawn 3 heads $50
20181026_130816.jpg

Large Hollywood stunner 1 large piece roughly 5 x 5 inches $50
Will make a deal both for $80

George Willings

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to figure out why my nem decided to shrink. Tenticals are not reaching out. Granted it is a young nem, just a few months old. But it is being stubborn.

Back