OP
OP
squidarcher

squidarcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank transfer has also been decided to be monday, labor day. I'm going to take down the 75 starting the thursday before (being a senior means I get out of school early :) ). I have to move the sump and the stand its going under, move fish into holding tanks, clean out the area, put up the framing and PVC sheets, set up the stand, move the new tank in, and scape and fill it back up. The plumbing I will do the next week, to give myself some time to rest. If your tank can't survive without it's sump for less than a day or two, you have a problem. (Heating and calc/alk notwithstanding)

OP
OP
squidarcher

squidarcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well its been a while, and a lot has happened. The tank setup went perfectly. Moved the 75 into a 150 rubbermaid.
Last photo of the 75:
IMG_9539.jpeg
IMG_9542.jpeg IMG_9548.jpeg
IMG_9544.jpeg
IMG_9545.jpeg
IMG_9546.jpeg

i realized that my sump was too tall for the stand it’s going under, so i got a 60B and that’s been working perfectly for me so far. Put up the framing and pvc sheets to build the wall behind the tank. With the help of a whole lot of friends, we moved the tank and stand into place :) Here it is before and after it got settled.
IMG_9559.jpeg
IMG_9568.jpeg

Clowns paired up instantly :)
IMG_9572.jpeg

Here is the tank after a couple days
IMG_9633.jpeg

Plumbed with soft plumbing going to the left of the tank, to the stand where the sump and 40g is. Here’s the 40g right after i filled it.
IMG_9641.jpeg

The tank still had hair algae issues that I was dealing with, but everything was growing beautifully and looked good-ish.
IMG_9704.jpeg

OP
OP
squidarcher

squidarcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
During the move, I lost 2 fish. The hector’s goby just kinda disappeared. Still hope its living, I just haven’t seen it. The carpenter’s wrasse jumped the night it was put in the tank :( Aside from that over the past months, I lost the striped blenny out of nowhere :( And y normally shy scopes tang killed the rabbit fish. RIP Mr. Buns I did however make a large order from @NYAquatic during a live sale. i ordered 1 leopard wrasse, 1 purple fire fish, 1 tail spot blenny, and 3 talbot’s damsel. however, the wrasse and fire fish arrived DOA, they only had 1 damsel, and the blenny died after less than a week. However, Michael was amazing and refunded me for the damsels, and gave me store credit for everything that died. i ordered again and ordered 6 green chromis for (for $3 each!!!), another purple fire fish, a blue gudgeon goby, and a cleaner shrimp. This time, everything arrived in perfect condition :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
squidarcher

squidarcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The chromis are in their own 10g QT and were treated with .8 mL of formalin every day for 8 days. The other fish were treated with 2.3 ppm of copper power. They are all going into the Dt on Sunday! (Diwali)

OP
OP
squidarcher

squidarcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the display, all is not as good. I neglected the tank over a busy and stressful summer, and the ATO (which doses kalk) went haywire multiple times. As a result, all of the acropora except for the tort and 1 small frag of tenuis died, including the green slimer, and 2 others that were showing amazing growth. the montipora also browned out. To add, the tank is now suffering BADLY of large cell ambidinium. While it’s now hopefully on its way out, It was a massive PITA. I bought a crocea clam at RAP that died after a few months, and I also lost my dream fish, a naoko’s fairy wrasse, in QT for what seems like no reason at all. It was eating amazingly for weeks before it crashed over the course of a few days. however, I am now getting my !#$$ together. Bought a Kamoer pro T stepper peristaltic pump for dosing kalk, and I’m now consistently growing phyto, which I feel like is helping A LOT for the dinos. Here’s some photos showing the fish and the Dino’s. Some were taken with my brother’s DSLR.

IMG_0448.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0384.mov
    26.2 MB
Last edited:
OP
OP
squidarcher

squidarcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the display, all is not as good. I neglected the tank over a busy and stressful summer, and the ATO (which doses kalk) went haywire multiple times. As a result, all of the acropora except for the tort and 1 small frag of tennis died, including the green slimer, and 2 others that were showing amazing growth. the montipora also browned out. To add, the tank is now suffering BADLY of large cell ambidinium. While it’s now hopefully on its way out, It was a massive PITA. I bought a crocea clam at RAP that died after a few months, and I also lost my dream fish, a naoko’s fairy wrasse, in QT for what seems like no reason at all. It was eating amazingly for weeks before it crashed over the course of a few days. however, I am now getting my !#$$ together. Bought a Kamoer pro T stepper peristaltic pump for dosing kalk, and I’m not consistently growing phyto, which I feel like is helping A LOT for the dinos. Here’s some photos showing the fish and the Dino’s. Some were taken with my brother’s DSLR.
photos don’t seem to load. Will get some when I get home today!

OP
OP
squidarcher

squidarcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did also get this cute Pom Pom crab for the 3.8g eshopps deskmate I won at RAP. Currently nothing in that tank but him! IMG_9762.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0449.mov
    18.7 MB
OP
OP
squidarcher

squidarcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FTS: W/ Dino’s!!!
IMG_0874.jpeg

The neglected deskmate
IMG_0886.jpeg

Chromis QT
IMG_0885.jpeg

Other QT

IMG_0872.jpeg

My oldest fish:
IMG_0883.jpeg

One of two Bangii cardinals I got from petco
IMG_0884.jpeg

the 40g mangrove tank:

IMG_0869.jpeg
The color blending with the white grow light and the nicrew is actually amazing in person. Looks better than the 150!

Here’s a growth comparison of this stylophora, to show that not everything is doom and gloom (even if it’s not really the greatest)
March 8th 2023:

IMG_8643.jpeg
November 11th 2023:
IMG_0882.jpeg

This thing went from a twig to now being about the size of my hand, which is pretty cool. Other weed SPS and LPS are also growing crazy, even this Blastomussa wellsi:
March 30th 2023: 3 polyps
IMG_8805.jpeg

November 11th 2023: 9+ polyps
A3741B6E-E5E0-496A-BE49-BB05EA2A2077.jpeg

Brightest coral in my tank by far!

Attachments

• IMG_0882.jpeg
    IMG_0882.jpeg
    158.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0875.jpeg
    IMG_0875.jpeg
    195.5 KB · Views: 17

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 54 80.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 6.0%
Back