Not fan of my lighting setup.

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have xr15 g5 blye on my 40 gallons waterbox marine x60.2. Been running it for few months now at AB+ 8:00 am to 5:00 PM. Including 1 hour ramp up. And 1 hour ramp down. I own a par meter. The mq-510 and j checked all the par on my tank. Everywhere is 120-150 par. At the top of the rock i get 250+. But i noticed that my corals extend the most at the ramp up. Sometimes they get bothered when the full intensity reach at 45 min default AB+.

Anyone have a good schedule i can download for that? It will be highly appreciated then guessing myself. I prefer something with ling hours to see my tank

I run 65% schedule intensity.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Different lights but I only have 5 hours of peak with 12 or 13 total.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Different lights but I only have 5 hours of peak with 12 or 13 total.
Jekyl. I had this schedule by brs. Its 2 hours ramp up. In the morning then 6 hours full intensity then 2 hours ramp down. They told me that schedule will cause me algae because kf the long hours. Idk

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230108_134432_Mobius.jpg
    Screenshot_20230108_134432_Mobius.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 25

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank age is what results in algae imo. What ever changes you end up making, do it slowly.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank age is what results in algae imo. What ever changes you end up making, do it slowly.
I mean that is slowly. Im adding 2 hours ramp up and 2 hours ramp down

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 Radion XR30 blues on my 300 using lps program..Ramp up at 11am ramp down at 6pm. I added 3 kessil A360X with program controller in between each Radion. I have them at full blue. I wanted to add that shimmer effect to the 300 gallon. They come on at 7am at 10% and ramp up to noon at 50% and then go to 9pm ramp down. My tank is mostly lps and a few sps at top of tank and they are growing great.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They told me that schedule will cause me algae because kf the long hours. Idk

Algae is photosynthetic but plenty of people light their tanks without a box of algae. Trying to say a certain schedule will cause algae or even too much white will cause algae is a bunch of BS... it sounds like they need a bandaid for their problems.

You didn't say what corals you have but some corals look better under low lighting because they have to stretch out to get enough when lighting isn't strong. Mushroom is a great example... they look amazing under low light and low flow but it is just because they are trying to adapt.

Not saying it isn't something else but it is hard to give an opinion when we don't know the type of corals :)

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Algae is photosynthetic but plenty of people light their tanks without a box of algae. Trying to say a certain schedule will cause algae or even too much white will cause algae is a bunch of BS... it sounds like they need a bandaid for their problems.

You didn't say what corals you have but some corals look better under low lighting because they have to stretch out to get enough when lighting isn't strong. Mushroom is a great example... they look amazing under low light and low flow but it is just because they are trying to adapt.

Not saying it isn't something else but it is hard to give an opinion when we don't know the type of corals :)
Duncans, LPS, hammers, frogspawn, candy cane. Mushrooms, zoas. I have rock anemones too. Im getting a torch. What kind kf schedule i need for all of that.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you want someone to tell you what to do...if it were me I'd extend my overall Lighting period to 12 or 13 hours but shorten my peak to 4 hours.

I tried to add 3 red dots where I'd make the changes. I can't see the time on your picture so adjust accordingly.

Screenshot_20230108_192444_Samsung Internet.jpg

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Duncans, LPS, hammers, frogspawn, candy cane. Mushrooms, zoas. I have rock anemones too. Im getting a torch. What kind kf schedule i need for all of that.

My tank is 2 inches shallower and my lights are a higher % then yours tbh...

If you think they look irritated under peak, why not just lower the peak % a bit and see how they respond?

My lighting is 12-12 and my peak is 8 hours :winking-face-with-tongue: :face-in-clouds:

AfricanReefBoy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running 2 gen5 XR15 Blues at 45% (with XHOs on both that run at 25% for 4 hours a day) over my IM Lagoon 50. I am running a modified AB+, on a 12 hour schedule. 10 am to 10 pm with a couple hours of moon light before the light go completely out. I have them in acclimation mode right now, getting more intense over the next three week. I am getting great polyp extension on my softies, LPS and SPS. I am using a schedule I got from ReefDudes EcoTech G5 Mobios Schedule. Hope that helps.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want someone to tell you what to do...if it were me I'd extend my overall Lighting period to 12 or 13 hours but shorten my peak to 4 hours.

I tried to add 3 red dots where I'd make the changes. I can't see the time on your picture so adjust accordingly.

Screenshot_20230108_192444_Samsung Internet.jpg
So the BRS schedule isnt a bad schedule if i stick with it? Because right now im running straight 8 to 5. With 1 hour ramp up and 1 hour ramp down.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The brs is pretty much a fine schedule for what you need but I think the peak period is too long for your corals which may be the cause of your issue.

A lot of us on the forum like around 12 hour light schedules.

I would just move your start time back by 1 hour and your end time forward by 1 hour.

Then add those 2 other red dots that I put where your peak is which would shorten your peak time.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 65 85.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.9%
Back