Not For Sale, Holy Grail

butcherreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, awhile ago I entered a raffle to win a holy grail torch coral and somehow ended up winning. It has been thriving in my tank for the past 6 months now, and is starting to split into 4 heads. I know this is a high end torch, but just wondering what is this thing realistically worth. I paid $30 for the raffle and would love to know my return on investment at this point haha. Thanks for the help guys.
ps. Second post on here so I hope I’m doing this right.

BE450E14-7F4E-4656-AC88-7CFDB4B68117.jpeg 01655A0A-677D-4758-9B2E-C0EA4A4F0F0F.jpeg 2DEBDEA5-628E-4AC0-80E0-DD97CC11FE2F.jpeg 74D34C31-B020-4FCF-BE24-11F510DAA05C.png B0D6D23C-843F-4C6C-B325-1E0F6B3DE641.png

DE FISH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would you want to frag a coral that’s obviously thriving wait for more heads before chopping but it’s your coral your choice

OP
OP
butcherreef

butcherreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the comments guys, love all the feedback. As for the vendor it is an Instagram account that runs raffles name is fluorescent reefs. For the price the raffle had 30 spots at $30 a spot, which comes out to $900 a head. I am not sure if I can take that as what it is worth though. As for the comments about cutting and selling, do not worry I am literally looking at larger tanks because I would love to have this piece as a 10 headed torch in a nice 100 gallon one day.

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know if it's a Wild caught or was it a lineage HG from a certain place?

Who was the raffle through? Look at their HG torch prices apples to apples. That should get you close.

Edit: @MERKEY beat me to it
Scratching my head to try and make some sense from this… we’re they not all wild caught at some point?

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Means it's either maricultured or aquacultured. Yes, they were all wild at some point...but generations of babies in aquariums make it aquacultured. If its fresh from the ocean it's wild aka maricultured

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Means it's either maricultured or aquacultured. Yes, they were all wild at some point...but generations of babies in aquariums make it aquacultured. If its fresh from the ocean it's wild aka maricultured
How long does it take for it to be considered aquaculture? I can see the benefits just wondering how long it takes

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How long does it take for it to be considered aquaculture? I can see the benefits just wondering how long it takes
Some vendors have month long processes to color them up and grow...some years.

Thats why 1 torch can literally be sold as 4 different ones at different stages of coloring. Vendors do this all the time and just add a different name for the variation.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the comments guys, love all the feedback. As for the vendor it is an Instagram account that runs raffles name is fluorescent reefs. For the price the raffle had 30 spots at $30 a spot, which comes out to $900 a head. I am not sure if I can take that as what it is worth though. As for the comments about cutting and selling, do not worry I am literally looking at larger tanks because I would love to have this piece as a 10 headed torch in a nice 100 gallon one day.
I see a lot of fluorescent on my thread and they seem to have a decent amount of both. They have a ton of inventory so I'm sure they get fresh shipments, but at the same time they do have their older pieces that they have had for years it looks like.

I have never personally purchased from them.

If I were you I'd reach out to them and ask if this was from one of mother colonies or from a fresher import...they shouldn't take offense and then you'd know for sure.

$900 is not unreasonable for a healthy home grown ASD style torch now a days. Which sucks but supply and demand as they say.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back