Not happy with LA - Tail Spot Blenny was dead on arrival, water in bag was 49 degrees F

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

hds4216

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a Tail Spot Blenny off of Diver's Den, and left a note on my order saying to include multiple heat packs, as it is cold today where I live (Though not that cold, about 40 degrees. It should have been fine.) When I got my order, the water was freezing cold; 49.3 F according to my thermometer. There was only one small, pathetic warming pack. Fish was clearly dead and floating upside down. This is the second Tail Spot Blenny I've order off of LA, and the second that arrived dead with freezing cold water. I can't see myself doing it again in the future.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s crazy and I am not surprised. Either they step up their games or it will continue going down hill. Look at this Black Friday and cyber Monday, nothing was ON SALE!

no offense, running a company is difficult but it needs to change and do a better job to fight off the competitors, yet make customers come back!

4theluvofcoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a Tail Spot Blenny off of Diver's Den, and left a note on my order saying to include multiple heat packs, as it is cold today where I live (Though not that cold, about 40 degrees. It should have been fine.) When I got my order, the water was freezing cold; 49.3 F according to my thermometer. There was only one small, pathetic warming pack. Fish was clearly dead and floating upside down. This is the second Tail Spot Blenny I've order off of LA, and the second that arrived dead with freezing cold water. I can't see myself doing it again in the future.
I know I just got a package and they had an oversized bag that was then wrapped with the packing bubble bags and one heating pack that was taped to the top of the foam lid, inside a paper pouch, instead of on the bottom inside the bubble bags to actually heat up the fish bag. The fish bag was ice cold, colder than anything I've ever pulled out of a foam box before. The animal survived somehow but I'm already starting a claim because I don't think it's going to make it.

Daniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Troubling to read as LA is frequented by many hobbyists. Wondering if the folks having challenges (or OP) could share if the shipments came from WI or CA? If location had made a difference as transit times may have caused prolonged exposure to the unfavorable conditions during shipping.

OP
OP
hds4216

hds4216

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Troubling to read as LA is frequented by many hobbyists. Wondering if the folks having challenges (or OP) could share if the shipments came from WI or CA? If location had made a difference as transit times may have caused prolonged exposure to the unfavorable conditions during shipping.

This one came from Wisconsin, though my first one came from CA. Both DOA and ice cold. Neither are incredibly far from Colorado, where I live. I also live about an hour away from a major international airport (Denver), so it shouldn't have spent too long in transit.

OP
OP
hds4216

hds4216

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I just got a package and they had an oversized bag that was then wrapped with the packing bubble bags and one heating pack that was taped to the top of the foam lid, inside a paper pouch, instead of on the bottom inside the bubble bags to actually heat up the fish bag. The fish bag was ice cold, colder than anything I've ever pulled out of a foam box before. The animal survived somehow but I'm already starting a claim because I don't think it's going to make it.
This is exactly what happened to me, except mine didn't survive.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I had better luck with blue zoo in winter. They even called me to ask me if I could pick up the fish at the UPS/FedEx as it was particularly cold that day. This means they tracking the weather at the destination of my package!! You can also pick dates for delivery.

4theluvofcoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered three packages on 11/24, all were coming from three different locations and all were from Live Aquaria, one was coming out of Florida, another California and the last one, the one I posted about up top came from Wisconsin. The FL and CA packages arrived on time, the WI package however did not make it in the time crucial for the animal's survival and it was not packaged appropriately in my opinion. I don' t know if there is a winter storm or how cold it is there right now but that is something that should've been acknowledged when shipping.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@hds4216 Good morning. We are very sorry to hear of the condition that your ordered arrived. Our facilities carefully evaluate destination and in-transit weather conditions when determining proper packaging. We apologize for any potential oversights with the fulfillment of your order. Please PM us your order information as we want to look into this as soon as possible and work with you on a personal level. Thank you!

4theluvofcoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@hds4216 Good morning. We are very sorry to hear of the condition that your ordered arrived. Our facilities carefully evaluate destination and in-transit weather conditions when determining proper packaging. We apologize for any potential oversights with the fulfillment of your order. Please PM us your order information as we want to look into this as soon as possible and work with you on a personal level. Thank you!
I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree with "Our facilities carefully evaluate destination and in-transit weather conditions when determining proper packaging." I had this happen to me too yesterday and would've wanted at least two heating packs for the sake of the animal but I didn't think I needed to note it because this is something that LA should know. There was no way for the heating source to keep the bag that the animal was in warm...This is how it was packaged.

Attachments

• InkedIMG_2041_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_2041_LI.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 173
  • InkedIMG_2040_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_2040_LI.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_2064.jpg
    IMG_2064.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_2042.jpg
    IMG_2042.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 153

Drendo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree with "Our facilities carefully evaluate destination and in-transit weather conditions when determining proper packaging." I had this happen to me too yesterday and would've wanted at least two heating packs for the sake of the animal but I didn't think I needed to note it because this is something that LA should know. There was no way for the heating source to keep the bag that the animal was in warm...This is how it was packaged.
I completely agree. I had two orders from two different retailers yesterday and for whatever reason they both skimped on heat packs. Here is the one I received from DD yesterday. Poor guy. No idea what’s going on with LA/DD. One heat pack is just not enough for December shipping.

Attachments

• 8509343C-7B8F-43D6-8AAE-17E194F689DF.jpeg
    8509343C-7B8F-43D6-8AAE-17E194F689DF.jpeg
    106.8 KB · Views: 151
  • 9EFECD96-0BEA-48A0-B881-D23356B95F32.jpeg
    9EFECD96-0BEA-48A0-B881-D23356B95F32.jpeg
    82.3 KB · Views: 167

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back