Not happy with LA - Tail Spot Blenny was dead on arrival, water in bag was 49 degrees F

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

4theluvofcoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I ordered again, thinking it was safe to and not a lot has "changed" since my last order. Order placed 12/11/2020, ordered was sent out yesterday, Monday 12/14/2020 for Tuesday 12/15/2020 delivery. Well woke up this morning and went to Fedex tracking and now it's saying Wednesday,12/16/2020. So I reached out to Live Aquaria and it's the same generic, "I apologize again for the delay. We will contact FedEx to see if there is any way to get this to you today, but it may not be delivered until tomorrow." Well it's not going to matter if the heating packs don't last or are packaged how they were packaged before on the top of the Styrofoam box lid on top of the air bubble bags, no where near the fish bag. I told them this was the last time I purchase from them, and to expect hearing from me when my order arrives dead. I can't believe this is happening again and it's only with their main warehouse or shop in Rhinelander, WI that this is happening with which is, in my opinion, embarrassing. I will update when the package arrives, either today or tomorrow with pics of how it was packaged and we will see just how much things have actually changed...

OP
OP
hds4216

hds4216

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I ordered again, thinking it was safe to and not a lot has "changed" since my last order. Order placed 12/11/2020, ordered was sent out yesterday, Monday 12/14/2020 for Tuesday 12/15/2020 delivery. Well woke up this morning and went to Fedex tracking and now it's saying Wednesday,12/16/2020. So I reached out to Live Aquaria and it's the same generic, "I apologize again for the delay. We will contact FedEx to see if there is any way to get this to you today, but it may not be delivered until tomorrow." Well it's not going to matter if the heating packs don't last or are packaged how they were packaged before on the top of the Styrofoam box lid on top of the air bubble bags, no where near the fish bag. I told them this was the last time I purchase from them, and to expect hearing from me when my order arrives dead. I can't believe this is happening again and it's only with their main warehouse or shop in Rhinelander, WI that this is happening with which is, in my opinion, embarrassing. I will update when the package arrives, either today or tomorrow with pics of how it was packaged and we will see just how much things have actually changed...
This is why I'm avoiding ordering during the holidays. Even if LA does its job well, FedEx/UPS have huge shipping delays, and two days is too long to expect the fish/animal to survive in the freezing cold where I live.

Good luck with your order though!

ThePurple12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be fair, it's not their fault your order arrived late. All mail is REALLY delayed right now, and there's nothing they can do about it.

4theluvofcoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be fair, it's not their fault your order arrived late. All mail is REALLY delayed right now, and there's nothing they can do about
To a point that is true but I have something coming from NY, same order date, same carrier and its suppose to arrive today, same time. So how come things from FL, NY and places other than WI arrive on time or have no delays and those destinations are further out?

Something that is not taken into account and can’t be explained away by “holiday mail delays” is both FedEx and UPS have special policies when it comes to delivering live animals. So if a “gift” is sent with overnight delivery and a fish or coral is sent overnight, the fish or coral takes priority because it is marked with “Live Animal.” Those kinds of delays go against policy since the animal could die. The inanimate object gift that gets sent will be okay with a one day delay.

Last edited:

ThePurple12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To a point that is true but I have something coming from NY, same order date, same carrier and its suppose to arrive today, same time. So how come things from FL, NY and places other than WI arrive on time or have no delays and those destinations are further out?
That's just how it works with the mail at times. Same thing sometimes happens when I ship macros to people. Once you ship a package, it's completely out of your control.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems vendors in the US aren't taking the seriously delayed shipping around the holidays very seriously... I know of 3 shops up here (Canada) that have closed there shipping off until January for the health of the Fish. You can still place orders but they are on hold until after the holidays for shipping. Some will allow shipping to an airport hub for pickup but that's it....

I won't order anything live over the holidays for this same reason, Canada Post is just as useless as USPS and ironically, things I have ordered in the US that were shipped USPS I've had better timing with than shipping anything within Canada using Canada Post.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@4theluvofcoral Please keep us updated with the delivery. Like previously mentioned, there have been significant improvements made to improve packaging and to prepare for transit delays. Thank you and we are hoping for a healthy arrival.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems vendors in the US aren't taking the seriously delayed shipping around the holidays very seriously... I know of 3 shops up here (Canada) that have closed there shipping off until January for the health of the Fish. You can still place orders but they are on hold until after the holidays for shipping. Some will allow shipping to an airport hub for pickup but that's it....

I won't order anything live over the holidays for this same reason, Canada Post is just as useless as USPS and ironically, things I have ordered in the US that were shipped USPS I've had better timing with than shipping anything within Canada using Canada Post.
@JoshH We completely agree! To prepare for extreme Holiday traffic, we always modify our shipping schedules over the Holidays. After tomorrow, we are not shipping live stock until Monday, December 28th. Have a wonderful Holiday season!

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I am still OK with LA, but why you guys are ordering from them since there’s no deal or that’s the only place got fish?

Foxycoral was bad and Reeftopia.

I want to give reefbeauties or saltwater fish a shot next time.

4theluvofcoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I am still OK with LA, but why you guys are ordering from them since there’s no deal or that’s the only place got fish?

Foxycoral was bad and Reeftopia.

I want to give reefbeauties or saltwater fish a shot next time.
Availability of certain species and they are doing holiday deals in fact a got an email yesterday, after the fact I already ordered, for holiday deals. This is the last time I order from them, I've never had this issue, EVER. I don't order much and the only reason I am is because of prices and my LFS doesn't do special orders.

Attachments

• Get your Holiday Shopping Done and Receive a FREE $20 Gift  Certificate!.jpg
    Get your Holiday Shopping Done and Receive a FREE $20 Gift Certificate!.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 68

4theluvofcoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@4theluvofcoral Please keep us updated with the delivery. Like previously mentioned, there have been significant improvements made to improve packaging and to prepare for transit delays. Thank you and we are hoping for a healthy arrival.
My other package I ordered through NYAquatics came as scheduled. I little late but fish was packaged well and I won't be ordering online anymore unless it's absolutely necessary.

1.jpg

2.jpg

IMG_2116.jpg
IMG_2117.jpg
IMG_2118.jpg
IMG_2119.jpg

Last edited:

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The heat pack thing is an issue yes, but ordering during the winter holidays is terrible idea for many many reasons and with COVID on top? Crazy !

Ef4life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of blame in here for the businesses, not on the buyers. Stop buying live stuff in the winter and around the holidays and that will solve 80% of the problems people have.

I have a rule myself - I don’t buy live corals and fish online from June 1st to dec 31st. I live in the desert and the summer heat is brutal on shipping, winter here in very mild, but delays happen all the time from November to January.

OP
OP
hds4216

hds4216

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of blame in here for the businesses, not on the buyers. Stop buying live stuff in the winter and around the holidays and that will solve 80% of the problems people have.

I have a rule myself - I don’t buy live corals and fish online from June 1st to dec 31st. I live in the desert and the summer heat is brutal on shipping, winter here in very mild, but delays happen all the time from November to January.
If the business can't keep fish/animals alive in winter but say they can and still ship them, that's on them. It was 40 F out and my order was an hour early, and the fish still didn't make it and the water was freezing cold. That's a failure of the business.

4theluvofcoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Then they shouldn't sell, and if they do and are going to continue to ship during these times then they are dang well just as responsible especially if they know their carrier can't make the times necessary but it's in Fedex policy for live shipments to be PRIORITY.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Maybe the problem is that rhinelander is s smallish town in northern WI and not a large city/hub. It is not like they have a large airport there so when they get bogged down during the holidays, it's likely a bigger problem.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Availability of certain species and they are doing holiday deals in fact a got an email yesterday, after the fact I already ordered, for holiday deals. This is the last time I order from them, I've never had this issue, EVER. I don't order much and the only reason I am is because of prices and my LFS doesn't do special orders.
I got the email yesterday and would have jump on it only if their gift card last longer (like 60 days?). It usually expires before there’s a sale which mean it forces you to buy retail pricing and that defeated the purpose of getting the gift card from the beginning.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 64 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back