Not happy with LA - Tail Spot Blenny was dead on arrival, water in bag was 49 degrees F

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

kingoftheHiLLpeople

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer them over others. I’m biased tho haha. I can tell you tho DHL, smaller here in US, is by far the the most sluggish. Nothing is for a lack of trying. Most people have no idea what goes into getting a package from a to b, now multiplied by millions. Let me amend the previous tho, we may of prioritized live shipments for late freight.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live Aquaria order finally arrived a little after 10 AM PST. Again, stone cold heating packs taped to top of styrofoam box lid(although they did use two this time), no air bubble bags but foam peanuts underneath fish bags. Fish bags were ice cold I'm guessing they are at least 40 degrees or cooler. Felt like something you pull out of a fridge. I can't see much since the bags have the black tint covering the sides and bottom but they are currently floating. Already started claim or notation process but we'll see how well they adjust to temp acclimation or if it will finish any survivors off...
1.jpg

2.jpg

IMG_2124.jpg

IMG_2125 (1).jpg

IMG_2126.jpg

IMG_2127 (1).jpg

IMG_2128.jpg
@4theluvofcoral
We are glad your order arrived and you are in the process of proper acclimation. Will you please PM us your order number so we are able to look into/troubleshoot and resolve? Thank you and have a good evening

syrinx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
heat packs are taped to top of box- industry standard. I have shipped thousands of reptiles and aquatic life-and thats the way to do it. 99% of shipments I have received have been top heat. Your science stops at heat rises. Study convection and closed system insulation to begin with,

mikee002

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There has to be some bit of personal responsibility here. Yes the sellers should take every action to make sure that the items are packaged and heated well. If you know you live somewhere where it’s winter time and it’s cold, maybe it’s not the best time to order temperature sensitive live animals. Top that off with all of the shipper delays due to Covid and the holidays and it’s no wonder that there are a lot of shipments that are late and animals arriving dead. So sure, yes the sellers are probably not doing the best they could, but if you live somewhere in the winter time and are ordering live animals that need to be warm, you are rolling the dice that everything along the way goes perfectly and your order arrives alive.

Josh@BVA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I leave notes on every one of my orders. even if its obvious to me. It can easily be over looked. another thing I started doing is I made a little insulated Box with my own heat packs or sometimes even a small mini heater or chiller for the delivery gut to put the livestock in. this way if I come home 3 hours after the delivery I know it hasnt been cooking in the sun or freezing in the cold. easy build with some foam board and a few pieces of plywood.

Back