Not new to the hobby, but trying it again. Memphis Area

ChrisAndJulie2012

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,
Chris here, I am honored to be looking to get active again in this hobby.

I had a 55 gallon in 2000 for a few years, sold it due to moving.

Fast forward many years to 2014, we lucked out and had a friend giving away a 125. We had that for a while, but my quest for a powder blue tang, premie twin babies and a crazy work schedule led to a tank crash to include Ich.

I can say I have had the itch again for a reef tank. I found a deal on a 75 gallon reef rdy tank and jumped on it. Pick it up this Thursday and can’t wait to build our tank. I just ordered the ReefBreeders 48” fixture. Anyone running their fixture?

I have a Triggers System Ruby sump, the size I can’t remember. Though I think it’s the medium one.

A return pump of 950 gph, probably overkill for a 75.

A protein skimmer, but I don’t remember the brand either. Reef octopus I think all markings are gone.

So with the ReefBreeders light and the above equipment will our 75 work? I messed up with the plumbing of our 125 and was never able to run the return pump at full. Had it choked off about 50%. Its final resting place made me unable to fix the draining issue.

I really love the crazy colored mushroom corals and I like xenia, till it gets out of control. So probably be mostly softies. Though a clam would be awesome to have.

Anyone have issues with black sand? How deep would you go? I have had deep sand beds and they turn into a problem in my experience. I consider myself just put of the novice league, but still ask newbie questions from time to time.

Our live rock isn’t so “live” anymore, about 50-60 lbs of it. Any pointers on getting it rdy for the tank? Its been in our atic for a decent amount of time.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back