Not sure what coral this is can you help?

Leib

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I am fairly new to the reefing world though I have been with a fouler tank for years i bought this coral for alot of money and am just curious if my lfs ripped me off (he told me it was a jem one of a kind talk of town lol) I also want to know where to place it and its proper water paremiters, lighting and flow if you can please let me know the name of this coral it would be very helpful thanks in advance.

20191116_211236.jpg

OP
OP
Leib

Leib

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its kinda bright purple with yellow though the colors dont come through so well in the photo its really a nice piece.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much for your reply I paid 350 for it is that steep?
That does seem very pricey but your location could play a role in pricing. In florida I've seen them from 150-250. It's an LPS so occasional feedings of mysis, small meaty foods will keep it happy. Low to mid light and indirect flow.

OP
OP
Leib

Leib

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh im in brooklyn new york so could be why
Though I feel like whoever wants to rip me off they can sell me the brooklyn bridge and i wouldnt know the difference

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are different looks to lobophyllia hemprichii, that's why I labeled it as a carpet lobophyllia but as far as I know it's still hemprichii. I don't think you got ripped off, just a little pricey. It's a gorgeous coral and I would enjoy it. I would recommend you placed in the sand bed though.

OP
OP
Leib

Leib

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are different looks to lobophyllia hemprichii, that's why I labeled it as a carpet lobophyllia but as far as I know it's still hemprichii. I don't think you got ripped off, just a little pricey. It's a gorgeous coral and I would enjoy it. I would recommend you placed in the sand bed though.
Ok awesome thanks for the advice

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 44 47.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 49 53.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 22.8%
  • None.

Votes: 24 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.8%
Back