Not sure what's going on here

Nasabeau

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so, I have this clownish. last week I moved all of my clowns into the DT, and they all seem to be doing fine. in QT he got beat up and I had to isolate him for the last week, but now that they're in a tank three times the size, everyone is getting along, and this particular fish's fins have made massive strides recovering from the beating he took in the QT. But today I noticed this and wondered if this was normal. I do have a GHA and Cyano outbreak that's clearing up at the moment (I think just normal cycle, and it has REALLY died down as of late, none of my parameters are off right now), it appears to me like the GHA is growing on the clown, but maybe I'm missing something? I didn't think that was possible, and my problem isn't THAT bad... the other fish and the corals are doing fine, all but one snail is doing fine, and the other... its not doing bad I just also noticed this on its shell (refering to the green tube, not the cyano), and have no clue what it is. touching it with the net it is a soft... something. anyway, hoping you guys might have seen something like this.
1615029702656.png

IMG_3947.jpg

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so, I have this clownish. last week I moved all of my clowns into the DT, and they all seem to be doing fine. in QT he got beat up and I had to isolate him for the last week, but now that they're in a tank three times the size, everyone is getting along, and this particular fish's fins have made massive strides recovering from the beating he took in the QT. But today I noticed this and wondered if this was normal. I do have a GHA and Cyano outbreak that's clearing up at the moment (I think just normal cycle, and it has REALLY died down as of late, none of my parameters are off right now), it appears to me like the GHA is growing on the clown, but maybe I'm missing something? I didn't think that was possible, and my problem isn't THAT bad... the other fish and the corals are doing fine, all but one snail is doing fine, and the other... its not doing bad I just also noticed this on its shell (refering to the green tube, not the cyano), and have no clue what it is. touching it with the net it is a soft... something. anyway, hoping you guys might have seen something like this.
1615029702656.png

IMG_3947.jpg
On a side note what kind of zoa is that I have the same and can’t figure it out

TheDragonsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the picture it looks like it's coming from his butt, could be a sign of internal parasites. What did you treat for in qt?

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
magician palys I think. if you're ever unsure, the guys over in the Zoa catagory on this forum are SUPER knowledgeable and love to help out. they're the ones who helped me figure mine out
I tried to post it but no guess my lighting wasn’t too good or lore my pictures but they are the exact same zoas as yours. I don’t think they are magicians are they? Mine is brown with gold

OP
OP
Nasabeau

Nasabeau

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the picture it looks like it's coming from his butt, could be a sign of internal parasites. What did you treat for in qt?
used an antibiotic and did a formalin dip before transfer. less than a couple minutes later it was gone so I think since he sleeps on the ground I think he probably just had some caught on him.

OP
OP
Nasabeau

Nasabeau

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to post it but no guess my lighting wasn’t too good or lore my pictures but they are the exact same zoas as yours. I don’t think they are magicians are they? Mine is brown with gold
Mine are definitely purple and green, I'm almost positive they're magicians. the colors may look off in my picture

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back