Now a fan of Angels! Lots of pics.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
might try another torch next month as i have had this tank setup for just over 1 year now dont have diatoms all over the sand anymore
I say do it, if you go wrong then you can learn from the mistakes :)

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP what has your experience been with your Blue Line Angels and the hybrids? How many do you have and are they a pair yet?

Any news from Biota?

I was thinking if the big suppliers can’t it right when it comes to pure bred Goldflakes, I might have Blue Lines instead of them.

My favorite large angels:
1. Majestic
2. Gold Flake
3. Regal
4. Blue Line
5. Bandit

OP
OP
srcleary

srcleary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP what has your experience been with your Blue Line Angels and the hybrids? How many do you have and are they a pair yet?

Any news from Biota?

I was thinking if the big suppliers can’t it right when it comes to pure bred Goldflakes, I might have Blue Lines instead of them.

My favorite large angels:
1. Majestic
2. Gold Flake
3. Regal
4. Blue Line
5. Bandit
Sorry for the late reply / update,

I called my LFS where I ordered them from and sent pics and he said he would contact Biota but I never heard back. Honestly I just decided to live with what I have and not worry about it. I have two of what I am now pretty sure are Goldflake / Griffis. They still fight but one has started to grow much faster and is nearly twice as big. Turning male? I think they will be a pair as they are usually together. I have also "locked" my tank, meaning no more new fish for this tank. Unless I have to add a bunch. (I have more than enough now)

My pure wild caught Goldflake is doing great. He is becoming the most golden color I have ever seen in an aquarium. And the two hybrids leave him alone which is good because he is smaller and not growing very fast.

The Maze has caused some issues. He has killed a couple of small similar angels, including another maze hybrid I had. There is no getting him out of the tank and he has taken out the others like him so he is fine now.

My Blueline is doing well. He is wild caught. I know they can also be aggressive but he doesn't bother anyone. He is bigger than the maze but smaller than the "Blue Phantom" cross. The Blue Phantom is getting fat and doing well. He can be a little pushy. I am hoping he develops more interesting color patterns but he is still a unique fish compared to the others. But not my favorite.

I had two personifiers. The maze killed the smaller one and the larger one died and I have no idea why. He seemed to be doing great even the day before.

I lost the three Regals I bought together. They never really ate. Lasted 4 weeks and then went one after the other. I added one from School of Fish and he is eating. He's been in the tank about 3 weeks. I tried to to add another larger one but the smaller one killed him in like 12 hours (overnight). I was shocked that I have 6"+ triggers in the tank and the 3" angels take out the most fish! I am hoping the little RS Regal lives as he is my last shot at having one in the tank. :cool:

I added a small Blueface that is transitioning. He is beautiful. He does seem to go on hunger strikes now and then and I have heard they can be difficult so hoping for the best. I also added a 4" Majestic and a 3" orange tail Emperor and a couple female Watanabeis. They are doing well. I also have two flame angels that fight but still hang out together. I have heard mixed opinions on telling male from female so not sure if they are or not. But so far they are doing well.

I am not sure how many angels I have now but not adding any more except for an adult Emperor I have in another tank. I suspect he will be the boss of the angels and so wanting to add him very last. He is three times as big as any of the other angels in the tank and beginning to grow a streamer!

I guess I should count the angels and see how many there are. But I knew I was mixing a lot of them and didn't know which would make it and which would fall victim to the aggression. Maybe I'll wait a month or so to count them. :cool:

I've learned how aggressive they can be even in an 800g tank!

Thanks for checking in.

I've now been working on my shark/stingray tank. LOL. more to come..

Steve

OP
OP
srcleary

srcleary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been away from the forum for a few weeks and just getting caught up on your build. So EPIC!

But things with Bill seem to be proving the pure definition of insanity. I always want to give people second, third and forth chances but this isn't doing either of you any good. I wonder if at some point we are guilty of enabling another persons bad behavior when better to part as friends???

But amazing job on the build and now adding salt! Will keep following along for sure.

Steve

OP
OP
srcleary

srcleary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been away from the forum for a few weeks and just getting caught up on your build. So EPIC!

But things with Bill seem to be proving the pure definition of insanity. I always want to give people second, third and forth chances but this isn't doing either of you any good. I wonder if at some point we are guilty of enabling another persons bad behavior when better to part as friends???

But amazing job on the build and now adding salt! Will keep following along for sure.

Steve
Sorry. This was obviously meant for another thread. :cool:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back