Now Ecotech Vortech MP Pumps are 20% OFF. what the heck is going on?!?!

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see anyone "worked up" here.

It's a discussion about a string of atypical pricing on high end reef equipment. On a discussion forum who's purpose is to facilitate discussion about reef related things.
I was thinking exactly the same but couldn’t have put it better than that!

OP
OP
A

alabella1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Would like to see them put the Trident on sale
1660649271873.png

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
'what the heck is going on' isn't worked up eh? Ok. There are several threads here and elsewhere. However one doesn't have to read them of course. /raiseshand - guilty.
Tbf after the way they released the G6 Radions recently, ‘heck’ is not the work I would have chosen, it would have been much stronger.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
To BRS's credit...i called and they credited me the difference. so not annoyed anymore..actually very happy!!

Despite the hate and rhetoric from some, they still have fantastic customer service and I do not see this changing any time soon. I am waiting for my refund as well since I just bought one new last week.

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are tons of deals in computer hardware now. Inflation bullwhip effect or something.

GPUs that used to be over $2K (if you could find them) are now $1,000 and readily available.
The main cause of this is a chipset update by manufacturers making the cards suboptimal for bit mining, which was causing a shortage. So now gamers can use gaming cards again, lol.

herozero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The main cause of this is a chipset update by manufacturers making the cards suboptimal for bit mining, which was causing a shortage. So now gamers can use gaming cards again, lol.
New gpu chips incoming have a small influence with the drop in prices and availability of cards, IMO. crypto-winter killed demand (many miners got around LHR protections built into the cards) and now supply is available, new and used. Traditionally new gpu generations would have a larger affect, but nobody could get a hand on a card 9 months ago and now you can get basically any team green GPU right now at or below MSRP.

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't be surprised if new MPS are coming out personally...as called out already, same thing happened with Radion Gen 6. I agree with others in that the price point for me is a bit too high.

lvzx14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They might price match for you. Worth a shot. If not setup, return it if they won't play ball
Yeah unforunately they don't offer it, still unopened so now have to decide if its worth the return shipping +10% restocking fee.

Partially my fault for not sticking with one of the other big vendors that offer price matching. Still love them for my livestock needs tho:)

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wouldn't be surprised if new MPS are coming out personally...as called out already, same thing happened with Radion Gen 6. I agree with others in that the price point for me is a bit too high.
They put the G5s on sale for like 2 weeks. Not one day. If they really wanted to move old inventory, it would be a week long sale with other promos going on.

There is no benefit to release a new Vortech. They need to save any big changes for renewing the patent.

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They put the G5s on sale for like 2 weeks. Not one day. If they really wanted to move old inventory, it would be a week long sale with other promos going on.

There is no benefit to release a new Vortech. They need to save any big changes for renewing the patent.
Makes sense

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back