NP-Bacto Balance & K+Elements when using AFR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ReefHog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Lou Ekus I replaced Kalk & 2 Part with DIY All For Reef and really love it. One dosing pump now and my parameters stay very consistent. I am thinking of adding NP-Bacto Balance to my routine. I see it says in the description that the Bacto Balance contains K+Elements. (see below) With the DIY All For Reef I'm adding the K+ and A- elements to the mixture. Should I cut back or stop adding K+ Elements to the AFR recipe since it will already be in the Bacto Balance?

"Beside the organic and inorganic nutrients, NP-BACTO-BALANCE also contains the same trace elements of Tropic Marin® K+ ELEMENTS (1 ml equates 1 ml). This should be taken into consideration if trace elements are being dosed. Additionally we recommend adding the Tropic Marin® A- ELEMENTS for a complete trace elements dosage."

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Lou Ekus I replaced Kalk & 2 Part with DIY All For Reef and really love it. One dosing pump now and my parameters stay very consistent. I am thinking of adding NP-Bacto Balance to my routine. I see it says in the description that the Bacto Balance contains K+Elements. (see below) With the DIY All For Reef I'm adding the K+ and A- elements to the mixture. Should I cut back or stop adding K+ Elements to the AFR recipe since it will already be in the Bacto Balance?

"Beside the organic and inorganic nutrients, NP-BACTO-BALANCE also contains the same trace elements of Tropic Marin® K+ ELEMENTS (1 ml equates 1 ml). This should be taken into consideration if trace elements are being dosed. Additionally we recommend adding the Tropic Marin® A- ELEMENTS for a complete trace elements dosage."
Great question. These trace elements are in such small quantities, that as long as you stay under the maximum recommended dose, you don't have to worry about over dosing the Trace K elements. Even though, you are absolutely correct that they are in both the NP Bacto Balance and the All-For-Reef. Your other approach is fine too...you could leave them out of the DIY ALL-For-Reef. But you will probably be adding just a very small amount of the NP Bacto Balance. So either way works!

OP
OP
ReefHog

ReefHog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great question. These trace elements are in such small quantities, that as long as you stay under the maximum recommended dose, you don't have to worry about over dosing the Trace K elements. Even though, you are absolutely correct that they are in both the NP Bacto Balance and the All-For-Reef. Your other approach is fine too...you could leave them out of the DIY ALL-For-Reef. But you will probably be adding just a very small amount of the NP Bacto Balance. So either way works!
Sounds good. My reef is still young since converting from FOWSLASP about 15 months ago. (fish only with shrooms, leathers and star polyps ) I think I’ll go half recommended amount in AFR mix and keep an eye on my ICP tests.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back