NSA aquascape - pros / cons to use mixed rock

ericgech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi, I am going to - NSA aquascape redo my existing 7 year old fluvial edge nano reef, I hav rock inside, not sure what kind. it is mostly purple. I also have a b bushel of old rock in a bag in my garage.
Some is white, not Sure if Marco rock. So the ones in my tank obviously have the good nitrifiying bacteria on it, and the rest dont. I think it would be foolish to go out and buy more rock,
since I can try first. Pros or cons? any thoughts, suggestions? will the wet rock and dry rock glue together well? thank you Eric. also remember the fluvial edge only has a 4x7 hole at the top to fit anything through

jerrod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used half and half before on my 280 Gallon and there were not any issues. The dry rock I added was cured first and only had a minor ugly stage, just be careful to make sure that the nitrifying bacteria can support the bio load. For example I wouldn't do it if I had 30 fish in a 40 gallon and removed half the live rock.

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R
ZomboMeme 07012021164128.jpg

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
hi, I am going to - NSA aquascape redo my existing 7 year old fluvial edge nano reef, I hav rock inside, not sure what kind. it is mostly purple. I also have a b bushel of old rock in a bag in my garage.
Some is white, not Sure if Marco rock. So the ones in my tank obviously have the good nitrifiying bacteria on it, and the rest dont. I think it would be foolish to go out and buy more rock,
since I can try first. Pros or cons? any thoughts, suggestions? will the wet rock and dry rock glue together well? thank you Eric. also remember the fluvial edge only has a 4x7 hole at the top to fit anything through
Welcome!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back