Nt Labs Anti-Bacterial

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!

Just treated for some fin rot in my quarantine tank using NT Labs Anti-Bacterial and I'm struggling to see if this is a one-time treatment or daily. The bottle just says 10ml per 44L of aquarium volume. It does not specify if this is a one-hit and for how long before you do a water change or run carbon etc.
Any help much appreciated

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi, this may help.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I understand the limitations you have with medication
Are you able to obtain Maracyn 2 or general cure?
If not dose NT. At 80% of recommended with increased aeration and see if any improvement occurs
Any pictures of fish with condition?

OP
OP
ReefRondo

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi, this may help.
Right at the very bottom it suggests maybe retreating after 7 days but seriously the instruction on the packaging need to be far clearer. Pretty bad. Thanks for the link.

OP
OP
ReefRondo

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand the limitations you have with medication
Are you able to obtain Maracyn 2 or general cure?
If not dose NT. At 80% of recommended with increased aeration and see if any improvement occurs
Any pictures of fish with condition?
I have already dosed the anti-bacterial medication so will see how it goes. My yellow tang has lost nearly all of his dorsal and anal fins and his pectoral fins are really ragged. Will try and get a photo but may be tricky. I thought it was just a bit of HLLE due to running cheap carbon but it has been months now with no improvement and my Kole tang is now similar.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have already dosed the anti-bacterial medication so will see how it goes. My yellow tang has lost nearly all of his dorsal and anal fins and his pectoral fins are really ragged. Will try and get a photo but may be tricky. I thought it was just a bit of HLLE due to running cheap carbon but it has been months now with no improvement and my Kole tang is now similar.
Pictures would help. YT show HLLE in their fins. Most other fin rot gets its start in some sort of damage, usually another fish.
Jay

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reading through the directions - as others have said. you do a 7 day treatment - with no filtration, etc - then you can repeat it once. If there is improvement - you are to use 'paratonical' after 7 days. You're right the instructions do take some 'digging'.

OP
OP
ReefRondo

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure why they didn’t just have one of those peel back labels with clearer instructions. Thanks for your help everybody. Will keep an eye on them and fingers crossed they improve.

OP
OP
ReefRondo

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
776BD191-3330-4EF0-A8FE-AD0441753101.jpeg
Yellow tang showing amazing improvement and all of his fins are growing back nicely. This anti bacterial stuff has been really good.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!

Just treated for some fin rot in my quarantine tank using NT Labs Anti-Bacterial and I'm struggling to see if this is a one-time treatment or daily. The bottle just says 10ml per 44L of aquarium volume. It does not specify if this is a one-hit and for how long before you do a water change or run carbon etc.
Any help much appreciated

Amazing regrowth!

I finally found a link to the ingredients in the NT Labs product. They are the same as in Ruby Reef Rally - acriflavine, formalin and aminoacradine. Oddly, that product is marketed as an anti-parasitic, not an antibiotic, yet NT Labs markets it as an antibiotic.

Jay

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back