nuisence algae......

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does anyone have a good method of getting rid of dictoya algae? that annoying grey stuff that grows in clumps, breaks apart easily etc.

i finally got the hair algae beat last spring, but then this stuff started to take over.

.......maybe i should just find another type of algae that is less annoying to choke it out...lol

azurel.....it came off of one of your frags......do you still have it or did you erradicate it?

my purple tang wont touch the stuff........

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awww man. I thought it was cool. Sounds like it needs to be eradicated... My Tomini Tang doesn't touch it.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What frag? I haven't seen any of that in my tank......Maybe you got all of it....Like I said I haven't seen anything like that growing in my tank, I'll look close tomorrow but don't recognize it at all....

jonbar1

Growing Out
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Mexican Turbo snails wiped mine out along with my Asparagopsis when I was battling it. In all honesty, it wouldn't have had a chance competing with my Caulerpa any way. I'd trade my Envy Orange frag for one of the Caulerpa eating Nudis....

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What frag? I haven't seen any of that in my tank......Maybe you got all of it....Like I said I haven't seen anything like that growing in my tank, I'll look close tomorrow but don't recognize it at all....

this was sometime back last fall/winter i think. it was on a frag of blue'ish zoas you gave me as a freebie back when i got my purple deaths from you.

it was just a tiny bit of algae on the plug for months, it never grew, looked almost dead so i never thought anything of it......

THEN....it started attaching to the eggcrate, and spread. then a month later, i noticed it ALLLLLL over the tank.......DOH

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Mexican Turbo snails wiped mine out along with my Asparagopsis when I was battling it. In all honesty, it wouldn't have had a chance competing with my Caulerpa any way. I'd trade my Envy Orange frag for one of the Caulerpa eating Nudis....

Mexican tubos eh? got to try that.....frag topplers though

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sucks....Thanks for making my name highlighted as well.....LOL

Consider it an extra freebie......Musy have been on that frag only then, I don't even remember any blues I sent you.....?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 47 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back