Nutrient Questions

Scubabum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started a Red Sea Reefer 525xl about 3 months ago. Had an outbreak of Marine Velvet. Removed all fish and are in QT. I was able to save most of them. Since the tank has been Fallow my Nitrate and Phosphate have bottomed out to ZERO. I've been feeding coral 3-4 times a week with Reef Roids, Reef Chili, LRS Frenzy and some blended meaty foods. I'm still reading ZERO. A few of my Zoa's are dying and I'm starting to see some slight fading in my LPS and SPS. Prior to removing fish my Nitrate was between 1-2 ppm and phos was at .03. I'm still running my skimmer and Algae Reactor. Not sure if I should shut them down. Any suggestions on getting my numbers up a bit while main display remains fallow??? I have 56 days to go. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Scubabum

Scubabum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stump remover is what should work. Just don’t dose too much. Ur Phillip from Rico’s Channel right?
What's up Brett. Yes its Phillip. I've read about the stump remover (potassium nitrate) but have never used it. I'll check through the threads on here.

Damien Buckley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turn the skimmer off. You don't need it for now. I'd shut the algae reactor off too but just keep an eye on the levels. You don't want to go from no nutrients to an algae explosion

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 43.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%

Back