Nutrients 0?

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not complicating things. All im asking if i can run carbon. Im worried if i have something in my water bothering my corals. Thata what im worried for. U know we add corals with our hands in and im just worried. Just a thought. And since im not doing water changes. I figured why cant i run carbon thats all.
Yes you are complicating things. Your constantly given advice which isn't taken, then you ask the same questions over and over again. Are you hoping for a different answer than your seeing? We're not there to take care of your new tank for you, you have to do that. We do want to help YOU take care of YOUR tank.

This is what I see below your current thread, it's you asking the same thing. We're here to help, but you choose not to take the advice given, what can we do?

Screenshot_20221119-205447.png

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not complicating things. All im asking if i can run carbon. Im worried if i have something in my water bothering my corals. Thata what im worried for. U know we add corals with our hands in and im just worried. Just a thought. And since im not doing water changes. I figured why cant i run carbon thats all.
Run it as much as you want, some do it 24/7 to combat coral warfare among other reasons, some run it for a few days @ a time. It's about what works in your situation.

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 75 gallon is going on 7 years and I stopped doing weekly WC 1 year ago. I now do them once every 2-4 months when needed like high nutrients or a good cleaning. I maintain nutrients at 25 no3 and 0.133 po4. I do have a little algae going on for my Yellow Tang, File fish and some inverts. My corals are all happy and growing. I use carbon once in awhile, before water gets cloudy and smelly, 3-5 days once or twice a month.

mijan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason your corals are not looking happy is the fact you put 8 corals and 5 fish into a tank less then 3 months old.
My advice would be to stop tinkering with your tank. You need to let your tank stabilize. You may lose a few corals but that is not the end of the world.
My advice is to slow down. This hobby is a marathon not a sprint.

AFHokie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I recall you had many threads about getting your skimmer dialed in.

Are you still running your skimmer and how much? If you are, turning it off/reducing time will help your low nutrients.

I don’t even have a skimmer and I know there are tons of other people on here who don’t either.

Water changes and skimmers are similar in that they are tools/methods used for a specific purpose, not just something we MUST implement based on “rules”.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with most said on this thread.

I think the problem is OP, that your worried. Worried the alk with drop, worried my coral will die, worried the fish will die, worried my phosphate dropped, worried dinos will set in, worried....

Remember, this is a hobby. Hobbies are supposed to be relaxing and ease the stress.
Bad things happen, we try to prevent. Good things happen too, we try to encourage them. But nothing really happens fast, unless we tinker, adjust, mess with, dose, move this, move that, ect...

Breath deep, sit back in your easy chair, get a drink, relax. How does the tank look?
How was your last testing?
Alk is low but using a low alk salt. Is it stable? Yes, do nothing. Our, going down, mix up some baking soda, dose according to the calculater.

Relax....

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you are complicating things. Your constantly given advice which isn't taken, then you ask the same questions over and over again. Are you hoping for a different answer than your seeing? We're not there to take care of your new tank for you, you have to do that. We do want to help YOU take care of YOUR tank.

This is what I see below your current thread, it's you asking the same thing. We're here to help, but you choose not to take the advice given,

I agree with most said on this thread.

I think the problem is OP, that your worried. Worried the alk with drop, worried my coral will die, worried the fish will die, worried my phosphate dropped, worried dinos will set in, worried....

Remember, this is a hobby. Hobbies are supposed to be relaxing and ease the stress.
Bad things happen, we try to prevent. Good things happen too, we try to encourage them. But nothing really happens fast, unless we tinker, adjust, mess with, dose, move this, move that, ect...

Breath deep, sit back in your easy chair, get a drink, relax. How does the tank look?
How was your last testing?
Alk is low but using a low alk salt. Is it stable? Yes, do nothing. Our, going down, mix up some baking soda, dose according to the calculater.

Relax....
My last test was alk 7.0 ans phosphate 0.03 and nitrate 5. But my question was mainly if i should dk a water change or not. Because im worried if there something in my water bothering my corals beside being its a new tank thats all. Like after i afded the frogspawn this happened. Maybe elft over coral rx? Maybe the new sock i didnt rinse kr even my hands thats why i wasnt sure whats the best solution here.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My last test was alk 7.0 ans phosphate 0.03 and nitrate 5. But my question was mainly if i should dk a water change or not. Because im worried if there something in my water bothering my corals beside being its a new tank thats all. Like after i afded the frogspawn this happened. Maybe elft over coral rx? Maybe the new sock i didnt rinse kr even my hands thats why i wasnt sure whats the best solution here.
Run carbon for a week then pull it out.
It will soak up whatever is in the water that you think maybe bothering them. What I do is put it in a pantyhose, rinse it under tap water until it runs clean of dust, and drop it in the sump in a high flow area.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back