Nuvo 10g or 14g

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, about to buy my first tank, was all set on the Nuvo 10 but I could fit a Nuvo 14g peninsula in the space I have available, I’ve read bigger is always better with tanks but would 4g give me that many more options? As I do prefer the look of the Nuvo 10g cube.
I’m planning on a mixed reef, not looking at SPS yet, fish wise 2 clowns and maybe a firefish, would the 14g Nuvo give me much better options, given my plans?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Can you still get a IM Nuvo 10g? Most places have discontinued them. You said only 4 more gallons, but that is 40% more volume. One of the hardest parts of nano reefing is maintaining stability so I would suggest that you center many of you choices around that including the possibility of adding an ATO at some point. Good luck with whatever you decide!

OP
OP
Reef.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Can you still get a IM Nuvo 10g? Most places have discontinued them. You said only 4 more gallons, but that is 40% more volume. One of the hardest parts of nano reefing is maintaining stability so I would suggest that you center many of you choices around that including the possibility of adding an ATO at some point. Good luck with whatever you decide!

thanks for the welcome, 40% more does sound worth while!

Yeah an ATO is on the list.

the store I was looking at buying from still has the 10g, guess it’s the last few.

OP
OP
Reef.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered the Nuvo 14 peninsula, received today.

Now I see it in the flesh, glad I went for the 14g, that extra 4g or 40% (thanks Peace River) makes a huge difference, I can see way more options for scaping.

I can now cross of 1 item of my 101 things to buy list, albeit the most important.

mcdrichj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at a 10g vs 15g for my nano im glad I went with the 15g. I would recommend adding a sump. I started my 15 with no sump after I added a 10g sump I noticed a vast improvement in my water perimeter stability.

Seadoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!!!

Ordered the Nuvo 14 peninsula, received today.

Now I see it in the flesh, glad I went for the 14g, that extra 4g or 40% (thanks Peace River) makes a huge difference, I can see way more options for scaping.

I can now cross of 1 item of my 101 things to buy list, albeit the most important.
Seems that you made the right decision. Take into consideration that the water volume in the NUVO 10 is closer to 7 or less after you add sand rock and equipment. As others have mentioned here ATO is a must. One of the things I am learning is how easy is to mess things up in a small water volume like the 10g compared with the 91g of the reefer 350.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back