Nuvo 20 Light

Mengchhorn Chhun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0316.JPG
So i got IM Nuvo 20 setup for almost half a year now and i start with AI Prime HD, i though that should be enough light for my tank but recently i figure out the coral that i place down at bottom didn't get much light that why some of them keep growing long tentacle to reach the light (i don' know how to say that) as seen on picture below. My question is should i get one more AI Prime or should i sell mine and get the HYdra26 or Kessil A360 or Vortex XR15 ???

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is your power maxed out? It may not be as much coverage as many on here would prefer, but that should be more than enough juice to power a tank that small.

DentistReefer413

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Kessil A360 on my Nuvo 20 before upgrading to a larger tank - it was definitely a LOT of light for that tank. I had it maxxed out at 35% intensity - anything more and the corals looked angry. However, as much as I like the Kessils, they definitely leave quite a bit of shadowing if you don't use two or more. Just my thoughts!

OP
OP
Mengchhorn Chhun

Mengchhorn Chhun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Kessil A360 on my Nuvo 20 before upgrading to a larger tank - it was definitely a LOT of light for that tank. I had it maxxed out at 35% intensity - anything more and the corals looked angry. However, as much as I like the Kessils, they definitely leave quite a bit of shadowing if you don't use two or more. Just my thoughts!

that what i figure out when i put some corals on the edge down at bottom, they appear to be upset like without light, so u move them up and they are happy. I see some guy using some actinic light to help out with shadow but i don know what should i use.

kalendo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so have you ever though about XR15w or Kessil 360w ??? Between that 3 brands how do you think ???

Well one of the main reason why I went with AI over Ecotech was my LFS I use to frequent supported AI over EcoTech and the rival LFS was EcoTech. Another reason was price and also the LFS threw in a director when I got two 26 from him. And for Kessil didn't like the look of it.

My Hydra 26 did a good job when I had my 40B setup correctly.

bsNFtfI.jpg
QrN3XUJ.jpg
3FSGUo1.jpg
n4zuqOx.jpg

OP
OP
Mengchhorn Chhun

Mengchhorn Chhun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah what i kind like interest is AI too since the new one doesn't require any more equipment to control it unlike Radion while i have to spend a bunch more.

kalendo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought the newer ones (ecotech) didnt require a controller. Also you know the PAR you are getting for the AI, the Ecotech I seen PAR graphs and they don't give a hint of PAR.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 44.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back