NUVO Fusion Nano 20 Aquarium for freshwater?

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dumb question.. maybe. I dunno.

I have a Nuvo 20 Fusion and I took all the stock out and put it into the larger tank. I am going to try to sell it

then i thought about making it a freshwater tank if I can't sell it. Is there any reason why this tank (After good cleaning) can't be used for freshwater? I don't see much information about it set as planted FW, when it's really made for SW. I'm thinking the back chambers would hold the carbon and sponges and such, act as a filter, right?

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No reason it wont work. My nuvo 20 peninsula is a planted freshwater tank. I run only the filter caddy trays. I run floss and bio media, nothing else.

Here is an old photo
PXL_20210626_203113479_2.jpg

OP
OP
DracoKat

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love that tank!!

It's been a long time since I tried FW, and I thought why not if I can't sell it.

What about the AI prime, too much for FW tank?

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love that tank!!

It's been a long time since I tried FW, and I thought why not if I can't sell it.

What about the AI prime, too much for FW tank?
Depending on the plants you are trying to do. If you are doing low/medium light, I think it will be more than enough. If you are trying to bring out some reds or doing other high light plants, a reef version of AI Prime might not be enough. Since there are a lot of blue leds and plants prefer a full spectrum. (keep in mind just because you have high power light, doesn't mean you can do high light plants; you will need to run co2 if that is your goal)

Honestly for planted lights, chihiros is stupid cheap and good. If you can sell the AI prime, I rather get a full spectrum led instead. That way you can dial in the settings and it look like the colors you want.

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a caution, high tech planted tank is honestly more of a chore than a reef tank. Especially if you are doing stem plants. Trimming plants every week/other week sucks.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back