NuvoAquariums are awesome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back when I worked at a LFS and the NuvoAquariums first arrived on the scene, I immediately fell in love with them and their design. Aside from the initial tank-bursting debacle, NuvoAquariums had been top-notch, and I just could not wait to get my hands on one once I had a chance to set up an aquarium again two months or so ago.

I bought the Fusion 20 and the corresponding stand, and have to say the aquarium is amazing. It is exactly as I hope it would be, and looks superb. I love that the mesh lid actually fits the tank perfectly, creating a bit of resistance that makes it harder for fish to push the lid up if they do jump. The quality is great, and the back chambers are well designed. I could fit all I need in there perfectly, and the way the caddy and so on slots in perfectly is... very satisfying.

The APS stand however is very lacking, especially for its price. The brown protective covering is extremely hard to peel off, the end cappers do not fit and so moving the stand around was a pain. The stand itself is very sturdy so that is all good, but the quality of the build is also disappointing. The metal planks or whatever they are called that I received are also slightly of different lengths, so my stand actually is not perfectly level. Luckily the platform they provided to go under the tank solved that issue, so that ended up fine. However, it is definitely not something I would look forwards to buying again, after seeing how other people had similar issues that I did to the stand, which meant it was not a one-off situation.

The aquariums though... yeah I think NuvoAquariums will always be at the top of my list whenever possible. I wish they kept some of the smaller size aquariums. If they ever make pico aquariums again, because I am pretty sure I would only have NuvoAquariums in the home if that was the case. XD

Delivery and everything was great by the way, the products are very well packaged, and items arrived on time. Customer service was good, until I emailed them about the issues and received silence. To be very clear here, I could not be bothered to chase them up, so I am unsure if they just missed my email or otherwise.

Tldr; great aquariums, stands leave a lot to be desired. Shipping is great, don't worry about your products being damaged.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 15.4%
Back