Nwkermit at Reefapalooza 2017

nwkermit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sunday night, which mean RAP2017 is now history, it was fun and unlike last year...I almost got a coral this year. But unfortunately, someone stole the frag of stratosphere from right under my nose...and I missed out. Btw that and my freebie on day one; I was kind of disappointed...I spend $60 on raffles and got nothing....and this is what day 1 loots looked like.

IMG_0819.JPG

OP
OP
nwkermit

nwkermit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering what happen?!? I have never been skunk like this at reefapalooza, no one was giving out tons of food, no one giving out frag plugs, no big prizes, no raffles winning....what is going on?

OP
OP
nwkermit

nwkermit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel defeated after day one...but I told myself I will forge on and possible to get there a little earlier to get my freebies...for those of you who don't know I lives in Orlando and btw TSA and WWC, I rarely need to get coral anywhere else, only thing I was looking for was stratosphere and sunburst anemone...both was MIA. I saw zoanthids.com, have one polyp of stratosphere want to talk them down on price in day 2 but it was gone before the end of day one(my big mistake)

OP
OP
nwkermit

nwkermit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 2, started great, in the last 4 reefapalooza I never got there on time for the yellow bag of goodies. Lou from WWC told me there is 500 goodies bag, the line was super long and looked to be longer than 500 ppl already, but Lou told me to get in line and true to form I got one...score. 11:04 I was in the door. Chad from reef nutritions greeted me, wonderful guy, give a few bottle of this and that to my whole family...scored! Finally looked like my luck have changed

IMG_0824.JPG

OP
OP
nwkermit

nwkermit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I continue on to instant ocean booth and got a free raffle ticket and booom...won a bucket of salt and the hydrometer. On fire!

image.jpg

OP
OP
nwkermit

nwkermit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Random places got me free fish food and coral dip. Saw ME coral and have to get their food to try to see if they truly that good...$10. I spend so far $70 and went back and dropped $100 on today's raffle. Up to $170 and I am hoping I get the grand prize...which was the fish tank from tank custom(?). Hands down the best tank out there.

OP
OP
nwkermit

nwkermit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 o'clock and I hang out with revhtree from r2r, time for some r2r freebie, last year I won the GEO calcium reactor, I was hoping I get something this year, I ended up winning $100 from reefers direct, but like I said I usually buy from WWC and TSA, and It is a little distance to their shop, so when someone offer me their price for the $100 gift card, I jumped on it...

IMG_0825.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
nwkermit

nwkermit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rain 2 algae scrubber value at$350, he wanted coral and I didn't mind trading for something of greater value. Win win for both.

OP
OP
nwkermit

nwkermit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohhhh....thank you Revhtree for the raffles, r2r always bring the goodies.

Last edited:

panui22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice I was only able to make it out Saturday picked up a few nice frag, my yellow goodie bag and a bucket of free salt.

OP
OP
nwkermit

nwkermit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 o'clock, the main event, Sunday reefapalooza raffle drawing, I targeted that beautiful custom tank, radion gen 4 and few of the higher price items. Also randomly put one in each of the box. I was sitting next to the aquafx rodi unit, I put 1 in the box, thinking what the heck...and I missed out on all of the raffle except the prize that I was sitting next to, and with 1 ticket in the box won the RODI unit. Ps I already have one, if you want to buy let me know...

OP
OP
nwkermit

nwkermit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone next to me ended up winning the grand prize, but can't expect to win everything. I walked by the eshopp booth and found a nano skimmer for my JBJ 28g, they only have 4 skimmer that fit back there. They gave me a great deal for $89. Total for the whole show $259....

OP
OP
nwkermit

nwkermit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also big thanks to Dave at craibsea got a few things from him too.

OP
OP
nwkermit

nwkermit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moral of the story....1.dont give up after 1 day
2. Freebies are good.

OP
OP
nwkermit

nwkermit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
definjtely will be there next year...thanks to WWC for bring reefapalooza to Orlando so my fish won't go hungry.

steallife904

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have to say I was disappointed with the freedies or lack there off compared to other years. I got there at 12:45-1 on Saturday and pretty much all was gone. I got my free RODs food but that's about it. Got a couple of things from ME as well. Got a lot more last year. Still enjoyed the show and will be there again next year.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back