• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

NY/NJ - Red Sea Reefer 170 White

PugsAndFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am selling a Red Sea Reefer 170 (white cabinet). Must pick up in Washington Heights (NYC) by Friday. Tank has been used for about a year. There are some scratches but they are hard to capture on camera so I have marked with tape to show the location of scratches. The return line has been modified to accomadate 3/4" plumbing but I have the original fitting so you can revert back to the original fitting if you wish. The ATO reservoir has been drilled for a 1/2" bulkhead. I also added some shelves to the door to place food and supplies. Included is a filter sock, filter cup, and a mesh lid that I DIY'd using the Red Sea kit.

Total is $500 or best offer (within reason).

Some other equipment I have for sale if you purchase the tank (trying to sell as package for the moment and will part later) are a Bubble Magus Curve 5 Skimmer ($40).

I also have a AI Hydra 26HD with the AI mount for $200.

I also have a Varios 4 return pump for $140. The union fitting for the return is missing but you can use the barb fitting to plumb right into the Red Sea Reefer.

Also have a 24" Aquatic Life T5 Hybrid Fixture. I bought used but has never able to hang. It came with bulbs when I purchased it but I'm not sure what the colors are or how long they were used. The mounting kit is brand new. $100

Return line modified for 3/4" plumbing. Soft plumbing can be fitted to a 3/4" barb.
IMG_4724.jpg

You can revert back to the Red Sea fitting with this piece.
IMG_4728.jpg

Reef Octopus Varios 4 return pump. Don't have union fitting but have the barb as pictured.
IMG_4729.jpg

Bubble Magus Curve 5 skimmer
IMG_4730.jpg

Front pic
IMG_4737.jpg

Side pic
IMG_4738.jpg

Side pic
IMG_4739.jpg
IMG_4741.jpg

Last edited:

Cnelson93

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too bad you aren’t closer to nh, would take the whole lot. Glws!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back