NYOS-Amazing Customer Service!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Adam G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my NYOS 160 for almost 2 years now. It has performed flawlessly for me, running very quiet, and producing lots of skimmate.

About six months ago while cleaning my skimmer the cup on the bottom of my lid designed to direct the skimmate down and into the collection cup broke loose from the collection cup cover. I contacted EcoTech Marine customer service to order another cover. I was fully expecting to pay for the cover and shipping as it was out of warranty. They replaced the cover at no charge and even paid to ship it to me. I was very impressed.

Fast forward six months to this past weekend. I somehow lost an o-ring while doing a thorough cleaning and vinegar bath to the 160. So I contacted customer service again and asked to order an o-ring. They again told me that they would be happy to ship one out at no charge.

I had to share my experience here on R2R. This is exceptional customer service. Not only have they bent over backwards to take care of me but they have all these parts on hand. I talked to them this morning and they shipped the part out today! I just wanted to publicly thank EcoTech Marine. I love my skimmer and their customer service is the best in the business.

mclark452

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my NYOS 160 for almost 2 years now. It has performed flawlessly for me, running very quiet, and producing lots of skimmate.

About six months ago while cleaning my skimmer the cup on the bottom of my lid designed to direct the skimmate down and into the collection cup broke loose from the collection cup cover. I contacted EcoTech Marine customer service to order another cover. I was fully expecting to pay for the cover and shipping as it was out of warranty. They replaced the cover at no charge and even paid to ship it to me. I was very impressed.

Fast forward six months to this past weekend. I somehow lost an o-ring while doing a thorough cleaning and vinegar bath to the 160. So I contacted customer service again and asked to order an o-ring. They again told me that they would be happy to ship one out at no charge.

I had to share my experience here on R2R. This is exceptional customer service. Not only have they bent over backwards to take care of me but they have all these parts on hand. I talked to them this morning and they shipped the part out today! I just wanted to publicly thank EcoTech Marine. I love my skimmer and their customer service is the best in the business.
Who did you contact? I just got off the phone with Ecotech and I was less than thrilled. I lost the little black cap for the small tube on the silencer and they told me I would have to buy a whole new silencer for $67. Also, I also cannot get the impeller out of the pump housing. They told me to soak it in vinegar for 24hrs....don't you think I would have already done that before I asked for support? I think I have an early model 220 that has a different type of pump and the impeller is not removable but I cannot get confirmation.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m so confused about if this thread is about NYOS aquatics or ecotech marine? Wrong forum?

OP
OP
Adam G

Adam G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct. EcoTech distributes and provides product support for Nyos here in the US.

Fritzhamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My curved piece broke as well and I was less than thrilled with the Ecotech response (few weeks old). Also, fwiw, it works better without the curved piece on the back of the collection lid. It’s impossible to clean well with the curved piece and it’s totally superfluous.

Mike.P

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but maybe you can answer a question for me, please? FedEx just brought my 160, I opened it up, and I think it may be busted... The post that comes up from the bubble plate should be attached to it, right? Or is it just held in from the top, by the screw? Here are some pictures:

20190406_134141.jpg 20190406_134129.jpg 20190406_134141.jpg 20190406_134129.jpg 20190406_134156.jpg

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but maybe you can answer a question for me, please? FedEx just brought my 160, I opened it up, and I think it may be busted... The post that comes up from the bubble plate should be attached to it, right? Or is it just held in from the top, by the screw? Here are some pictures:

20190406_134141.jpg 20190406_134129.jpg 20190406_134141.jpg 20190406_134129.jpg 20190406_134156.jpg

It’s supposed to be held from the bottom plate. I broke mines even before setting it up, but nothing a little weld-on couldn’t fix. This piece seems delicate, so don’t over tighten.

Mike.P

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s supposed to be held from the bottom plate. I broke mines even before setting it up, but nothing a little weld-on couldn’t fix. This piece seems delicate, so don’t over tighten.
Thank you! That's what I figured... I'll probably just fix it myself, seems easy enough.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back