o2manyfish - 750g Display Tank, 1500g System with Outdoor Frag Tanks

Dream54ing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We were about 116 in AZ yesterday and I can barely manage to keep my inside setup under 80 with the AC running! Definitely some crazy temps you guys are dealing with out there, not to mention an outdoor system!!! :O

U

User1

View Badges
Hi O2 - glad to see the outside tank is doing well. 106 up North of you outside Sacramento. We drove down to Monterey yesterday to get a bit of cooler temperatures.

Nice touch on the end ;) Looking forward to what you have in store.

OP
OP
o2manyfish

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been making slow progress on the filtration upgrade on the system. But alas the new sump is filling with water. Good news is my DIY RO System produced almost 200 gallons in about 16 hours!!!

Stay tuned..... (PS - I have no idea why on my screen the photos are upside down.....)

New Sump Filling 2u.jpg

New Sump Filling 1.jpg

OP
OP
o2manyfish

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been awhile since I pulled out the Macro Lens.

These photos were shot under Radions G3 Pro - All channels at 100%. These are not shot under bluish, blue or heavy blue.

Acro Pink 1.jpg

I love this Aussie Piece, the polyps aren't on any of the tips.
Aussie SPS 1.jpg

This one came from Aussie a few months ago. It was yellow and pink. I got it because it has a Coco Worm growing in the center, and the wife loves Coco Worms. But now it's purple and green.
Aussie SPS 2.jpg

Bizzaro Cyphas.jpg

Here is a Grafted Setosa I have been growing out for the past 2 years. To get the Red v Green to really pop you need to crank up the blues. But I think that is because I have it so high in the tank. But under the whites and with the macro take a look at all the color mixing in this one
Grafted Setosa.jpg

Grafted Setosa 2.jpg

Just An Acro.jpg

Kung Pao 1.jpg

Kung Pao 2.jpg

OP
OP
o2manyfish

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Miyagi Tort Colony--- So many years and it still has some crazy contrasting colors
Miyagi Tort.jpg

Tyree Flower Petal Monti.jpg

UC Tort.jpg

This Monti is the reason I pulled out the Macro lens tonight. I didn't know what it was and needed an ID - Turns out this is Tropic Thunder. One of the few corals I have that looks better from the side than from above.
Tropic Thunder.jpg

Tropic Thunder 2 .jpg

OP
OP
o2manyfish

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice @o2manyfish ! How is the new project coming?
New Filter wall has been up and running for a few weeks. And it's coming along great. I always have 'creative' new ways of doing something. So I build it to see if my theory works. Then when it works I need to convert it to something pretty, clean and permanent. But I am so ADD and have so many projects going I usually get something working and then move on to the next idea. But this time I am trying to make everything permanent and clean. Hopefully by the weekend I will be ready to show it off. Or if you are in the neighborhood anyone is welcome to stop by for a visit.

Dave B

U

User1

View Badges
New Filter wall has been up and running for a few weeks. And it's coming along great. I always have 'creative' new ways of doing something. So I build it to see if my theory works. Then when it works I need to convert it to something pretty, clean and permanent. But I am so ADD and have so many projects going I usually get something working and then move on to the next idea. But this time I am trying to make everything permanent and clean. Hopefully by the weekend I will be ready to show it off. Or if you are in the neighborhood anyone is welcome to stop by for a visit.

Dave B

Sounds great. Looking forward to seeing what you finish. Thank you kindly for the offer but alas I'm up North :( Always love what you are doing with your tank - clearly an example and goal that I aim for with my recent upgrade.

OP
OP
o2manyfish

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm working on cleaning up some of the mess of the outside fish tanks. The original filtration system when it was built 15+ years ago there wasn't much information about building a saltwater system to last outdoors in the elements. I've learned alot.

So now here is the new filtration system up and running.

[youtube]

Dave B

Servo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm working on cleaning up some of the mess of the outside fish tanks. The original filtration system when it was built 15+ years ago there wasn't much information about building a saltwater system to last outdoors in the elements. I've learned alot.

[youtube]

Dave B

Oh my Dave! You are a genius. I can’t imagine how much time that has to have taken you, but it’s so so incredible!

OP
OP
o2manyfish

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t imagine how much time that has to have taken you, but it’s so so incredible!

Thank you! Not only has this project taken a lot of time because of the size and complexity, but I also have some health issues with my brain, which has not only slowed the speed I am able to work, but causes me to make a lot of mistakes - and repeat them, so most of this had to be done 2 to 3x. I had help from some friends to make sure the platfrom/base under the big sump was totally level. But everything else from the sub panel to the FRP on the walls I did by myself (over and over and over ---lol )

Dave B

Servo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sorry to hear that you’re still struggling with headaches. Pushing beyond your boundaries and disabilities is simply Inspirational! And then there’s this whole indoor outdoor salt water thing.

OP
OP
o2manyfish

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sorry to hear that you’re still struggling with headaches. Pushing beyond your boundaries and disabilities is simply Inspirational! And then there’s this whole indoor outdoor salt water thing.

Thanks - Unfortunately things have gotten worse than just headaches. The recommended protocol is to play brain games as much as possible.. Basically sit around and play Soduku all day. I told them I will hold off on Soduku and instead build some crazy automated aquarium crap, and at night I am building a custom home automation system that is integrating about every aspect of the house into one interface, and eventually will include the fish tank... if i can work fast enough... haha Thanks again.

Dave B

U

User1

View Badges
@o2manyfish such an amazing setup. I always enjoy reading and watching what you have to share. I know this may sound odd but your work both inside and outdoor tanks are a inspiration. I really mean it. I believe that new project of yours was started after I start work on my 210 gallon upgrade. While it is up an running and working through the various stages of maturity you built this system which is a lot more complicated that what I've done. You have some really great quality around time and project management with the hobby. Commentary is always nice because you sound down to earth. I really enjoyed the baby cardinal piece along with the flameback. He looks really healthy for being a lost and found (surprise). Sometimes those are the best hidden gems.

Thank you again. Great thread. Super awesome person.

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might have missed this. But how is rain water accounted for. Is there a canopy? Very cool system and build. That wall of equipment leafy me speechless.

U

User1

View Badges
Might have missed this. But how is rain water accounted for. Is there a canopy? Very cool system and build. That wall of equipment leafy me speechless.

It doesn't rain in Southern California - they steal all of our water from up North!!!! Just kidding. I asked that same question on the other forum a while back and I honestly forget the answer :( For some reason I seem to recall it floating on the top like cream on fresh milk. In any case they really don't get the torrential rains we get up North for days and weeks on end but I'm sure he can address how he manages those winter storms.

AlexG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

[youtube]

Dave B

I really like this setup. What is the total volume of the sump system?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back