o2manyfish - 750g Display Tank, 1500g System with Outdoor Frag Tanks

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finished reading your story and WOW! Thanks for sharing your story with us and kudos to you for having the strength and determination to persevere through such adversity.

It is great to see your corals and fish are now thriving!

OP
OP
o2manyfish

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to take some photos of the outdoor frag tank this weekend, but in the evening light none of the colors showed up. Will try again this week.

Here are some photos of the main tank.

Left side of tank
pts_a.jpg

Center of Tank
pts_b.jpg

Right Side of tank
pts_c.jpg

Full Tank Shot
fts_june_13.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow very awesome!

NeverlosT

SPS nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You, my friend, are a great writer, the story had me gripped start to finish, and I am happy to see that it has a happy ending! I hope that your health is back up to 100% and that the tank continues to bring you joy even through the trials and tribulations. What a beautiful system. You make me want to start an outdoor frag tank!

OP
OP
o2manyfish

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You, my friend, are a great writer, the story had me gripped start to finish, and I am happy to see that it has a happy ending! I hope that your health is back up to 100% and that the tank continues to bring you joy even through the trials and tribulations. What a beautiful system. You make me want to start an outdoor frag tank!

Thank you for the compliments. If you have the climate and outdoor frag tank is a great adventure.

Dave B

tangboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was a great read! You shared some amazing experiences and I thank you for the good, the bad, and the extra fishy!

Keep us updated!

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank! Those Damsels that you are unaware of the name are called Blue Sapphire Damsels Chrysiptera springeri, I have 5 of them as well and they are the coolest little Damsels that I've ever had. Very docile and change colors a bit with their moods.

Davileet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have purchased a whole set of RapidLEDs and they are almost too bright for me. Your right corner looks dim, is that where your rapidled is?

OP
OP
o2manyfish

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have purchased a whole set of RapidLEDs and they are almost too bright for me. Your right corner looks dim, is that where your rapidled is?

I have a 48" rapid led actinic strip on the left front edge of the tank, and then I have a 24" Rapid LED combo strip on the right end of the tank. The right end of the tank faces my living room. The right hand side of the tank is lit by an Apollo Reef toward the center and a Radium 400w over the island. But the ballast is ancient and the light is not as bright as it could be, plus at the top is a good sized colony of Xenia that shades some of the area underneath.

Dave B

Davileet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The right hand side of the tank is lit by an Apollo Reef toward the center and a Radium 400w over the island. But the ballast is ancient and the light is not as bright as it could be, plus at the top is a good sized colony of Xenia that shades some of the area underneath.

Having said that, which of those three lights do you like the best?

OP
OP
o2manyfish

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having said that, which of those three lights do you like the best?

Sorry for the delay in respond, I guess I missed your post. My favorite is still the Radiums. The LED is getting some good and different colors out of some corals. But the colors of the corals under the radiums just seem better overall, and I like the color output of the radiums, I haven't dialed the led to an output color that I like as much.

Dave B

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fantastic thread. Great journey. And, a video for desert. Thank you, very much, for sharing. You are an inspiration. (I also beat cancer. The oncologists told me I was going to die three years ago. Changes your viewpoint, doesn't it?

OP
OP
o2manyfish

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fantastic thread. Great journey. And, a video for desert. Thank you, very much, for sharing. You are an inspiration. (I also beat cancer. The oncologists told me I was going to die three years ago. Changes your viewpoint, doesn't it?

It definitely had an impact on my outlook on life. I find it very hard to think or plan for long term things. My plans for the future only go out a few months. Even with getting the all clear, my perspectives have been affected.

Dave B

OP
OP
o2manyfish

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have 5 Bangai cardinals in my tank. For the past 9-10 months I have been noticing the males carrying eggs. I think there are 3 males and 2 females, and it seems like at one point all the males have been holding eggs.

About 2 months ago I watch the spawning dance, and missed the actual egg transfer by mere moments.

So a couple of nights ago I was watching the tank and saw a male holding eggs, and when he opened his mouth there were some eyes peering out.

So today I got out the tripod and macro lens and tried to get some shots of the eggs. It's a challenge cause you have to get him in focus in the macro and then time the shutter with his mouth opening. They must be at the end of the cycle cause at one point there was a tail hanging out the corner of his mouth, but I missed that shot.

macro_8.jpg

macro_9.jpg

And while I had the macro lens out here are some other pics I took tonight.

macro_1b.jpg

macro_2b.jpg

Austrailian Blasto
macro_3b.jpg

Austrailian Echinata
macro_4.jpg

macro_5.jpg

macro_6.jpg

macro_7.jpg

Back