OP
o2manyfish

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your Yellow Tang looks really good! How big is it now?
There are 3 yellow tangs in the tank currently. They are what would be considered med/lrg. Which by my standards is too large. When Hawaii reopens I look forward to getting a dozen or so small yellows and moving these bigger ones outside. But that also means catching and replacing the purple tangs in the tank at the same time. Not sure if I have the skills to catch 6 fish in the same time frame to move all the zebrasomas around at the same time so nobody gets their butt kicked.

Dave B

GBRsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are 3 yellow tangs in the tank currently. They are what would be considered med/lrg. Which by my standards is too large. When Hawaii reopens I look forward to getting a dozen or so small yellows and moving these bigger ones outside. But that also means catching and replacing the purple tangs in the tank at the same time. Not sure if I have the skills to catch 6 fish in the same time frame to move all the zebrasomas around at the same time so nobody gets their butt kicked.

Dave B

I've tagged you into a thread by sdreef. If you read post 1 it may help you set up a plan to catch your zebrasoma tangs.

OP
OP
o2manyfish

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Incredible!! What do you feed them?
I'm assuming you mean the fish population not just a particular fish... My wife and I feed up to 10x a day a mix of assorted sizes and brands of pellets, flakes, and powdered food (like ReefRoids and others). I take a great big food prep tray and blend all the different cans of foods together and then scoop it into the old empty pellet containers. Then I toss in a 4gr fishing weight and shake the feces out of the can to break up some of the food too real tiny pcs.

Everytime we walk past the tank, wife or I, we put in about a table spoon of the food mix.

For the first 1/2 of the week they get parts of a head a romaine lettuce everyday until it runs out. If my wife buys those puny organic heads of romaine then I will put a whole head in. Surprisingly they don't just attack the romaine, all the tangs school together and the regal angel and they attack it for a minute then move away and come back and hit it again as a group in 20-30mins.

I just added a powder blue tang from the Maldives and a pair of Blond Nasos. None of the three new ones have grouped together with the other tangs yet and none seem interested in the added food. The Nasos are happy to chew on the aquascaping. The powder blue goes after pellets.

2 or 3x a week I dump in some of the Reef Nutrition liquid foods - Beta Brine, Mysis, Articpods.

And 2x a week or so I dump in about 30 cubes of assorted frozen or a chunk of frozen mysis.

Dave B

RJT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow!! I forgot fish can eat lettuce. You and your wife take excellent care of your fish. There are a lot of fish in your huge tank so the amount of food is definitely understandable. In time the tangs will join the lettuce group.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow!! I forgot fish can eat lettuce. You and your wife take excellent care of your fish. There are a lot of fish in your huge tank so the amount of food is definitely understandable. In time the tangs will join the lettuce group.
I feed almost every veggie
Including broccoli , romaine lettuce ,

OP
OP
o2manyfish

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've been living in a mess of a house for the past 7 weeks while we re-tile the downstairs of the house. This means I have been keeping my hands out of the tank, but also means I lost my couch to sit across from my tank and enjoy it.

But the new floors turned out great!!!!

2023-05-09 10.07.21.jpg

2023-05-09 15.38.52.jpg

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's awesome!

OP
OP
o2manyfish

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have posted before about how supportive my wife is with 'our' hobby. For the 1500g reef system she enjoys watching the fish. With the new tank I let her loose at the last frag swap and told her to buy whatever stony corals she liked - So she had 'her' corals in the 750g.

For the past 11 years we have been together our 'deal' has been whenever she goes to a frag swap, convention, trade show, club meeting, etc --- She can pick out any cool looking clown fish she likes. She has them bag the fish and I pay the vendor.

About 8 months ago she got to meet a local clown breeder. And she thought that the baby fish were super neat, and that this could be a partial retirement gig for her (I won't be holding my breath - LOL).

So I came across a nice rack setup, did some slight modifications and yesterday got the Clown Breeding rack moved into her office.

8 Cubes for paired adults, 2 tanks for grow out. UV, Great White Skimmer and water and bio media from our existing reef system and she is up and running...

2023-05-09 19.02.53.jpg

Now we have to start collecting her some cool broodstock ---- Trade Shows for me - Stocking trips for her.

Dave B

FishDooD65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Dave! Ive been a long time follower/reader and I am glad to see you still have your aquariums and passion for the hobby. Awesome to read and happy for ya bud. Congrats on the new tank and best wishes. I’ll keep reading and watching your videos! Thank you for sharing!

OP
OP
o2manyfish

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not everyone takes advantage of the live webcams we have on the tank. Here's a video showing just how good the webcams can be if you know what you can do with them.

This is just a few mins showing off what you can find using the Axis V59 webcams with PTZ and optical zoom.

The cameras can be found at www.o2manyfish.com and www.o2manyfish.com/right - Of course if you're going to have a giant tank you need a camera to see each end of the tank.
Hope you find this as neat as I did.

Dave B

AstroCoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not everyone takes advantage of the live webcams we have on the tank. Here's a video showing just how good the webcams can be if you know what you can do with them.

This is just a few mins showing off what you can find using the Axis V59 webcams with PTZ and optical zoom.

The cameras can be found at www.o2manyfish.com and www.o2manyfish.com/right - Of course if you're going to have a giant tank you need a camera to see each end of the tank.
Hope you find this as neat as I did.

Dave B

Very cool setup, these live cameras from Axis are awesome!

OP
OP
o2manyfish

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We run our tank pretty bright white by todays reef standards. On Sat Night I kicked on the blues and sat down on the couch with my wife to ooooh, ahhhh and go Gaga for all the colors. 2 mins of 70's popping neon colors and the wife wanted it back to normal so she could see the Orange Spot on her Achilles Tang. But we did get a quick video of the tank in Windex Mode.

OP
OP
o2manyfish

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well after posting the windex video last weekend I thought it was fair to post a regular tank update - Lots of cool stuff has been added - Red Sea Regal Angel, Red Sea Maxima Clams from our friends at @uniquecorals, surge damsels and a pair of Naoko wrasses.

New corals are doing well. Fish are doing great, Overall the tank is very happy this holiday season.

Hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday season.

Dave B

RJT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Incredible. The regal and elegance are amazing. Great tank. Haven't seen mollies that large before.

dieselkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome tank. How's the outside tank doing. Any chance you can get a video of it. I'm sure it is just as awesome.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 89 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back