OP
o2manyfish

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a video of me unboxing and setting up an Abyzz Flow Cannon AFC-150 in my new 750g aquarium. This is a beast of a flow pump, and if you have a big tank you gotta check this out and definitely consider it. We set this one up on my new 750g acrylic aquarium (120x48x30). And boy does this pump move the water. Take a gander at the video and watch us abuse some corals with some serious flow. I already have a Panta Rhei Hydrowizard ECM63. I will be doing a video showing the 2 pumps in comparison. I also got 2 of the Abyzz Flow Cannons - So look forward to a future video when we have both Flow Cannons and a Hydrowizard rocking the 750g.

Dave B

djf91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a video of me unboxing and setting up an Abyzz Flow Cannon AFC-150 in my new 750g aquarium. This is a beast of a flow pump, and if you have a big tank you gotta check this out and definitely consider it. We set this one up on my new 750g acrylic aquarium (120x48x30). And boy does this pump move the water. Take a gander at the video and watch us abuse some corals with some serious flow. I already have a Panta Rhei Hydrowizard ECM63. I will be doing a video showing the 2 pumps in comparison. I also got 2 of the Abyzz Flow Cannons - So look forward to a future video when we have both Flow Cannons and a Hydrowizard rocking the 750g.

Dave B

Could the metal housing on the pump corrode over time?

OP
OP
o2manyfish

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the 2 month update on the new 750g tank. The day after taking this video I added about 35 of what I call doinker fish. Doinkers are the inexpensive fish that add so much life and movement to the tank and yet you don't really think about them. This batch of Doinkers included firefish, blennies, damsels and cardinals.

In addition we added a Lineatus wrasse thanks to Eric from Amoung the Reef. The Linneatus spent a day making sure everyone in the tank knew he was the biggest fish and then settled in and started eating just about everything we have thrown in the tank.

Lots of coral additions in the last few weeks. A coral show locally brought home almost 40 frags and then we picked up some corals from some people shutting down their tanks. Starting to get corals spread throughout the tank.

Dave B

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the 2 month update on the new 750g tank. The day after taking this video I added about 35 of what I call doinker fish. Doinkers are the inexpensive fish that add so much life and movement to the tank and yet you don't really think about them. This batch of Doinkers included firefish, blennies, damsels and cardinals.

In addition we added a Lineatus wrasse thanks to Eric from Amoung the Reef. The Linneatus spent a day making sure everyone in the tank knew he was the biggest fish and then settled in and started eating just about everything we have thrown in the tank.

Lots of coral additions in the last few weeks. A coral show locally brought home almost 40 frags and then we picked up some corals from some people shutting down their tanks. Starting to get corals spread throughout the tank.

Dave B

Everything is looking great. It’s going to be fun watching this tank develop.

If you haven’t already, check out Steve’s farm for sps. He’s a little further south from you, but he’s a good guy and has a very cool outdoor setup.

Any thoughts on what you’re replacing the emperor with? @Biota_Marine has captive bred Regals that I’m strongly considering.

OP
OP
o2manyfish

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is looking great. It’s going to be fun watching this tank develop.

If you haven’t already, check out Steve’s farm for sps. He’s a little further south from you, but he’s a good guy and has a very cool outdoor setup.

Any thoughts on what you’re replacing the emperor with? @Biota_Marine has captive bred Regals that I’m strongly considering.
Hi Rick,

I picked up about 20 pcs from Steve about a month ago. I've known Steve for a long long time. Even after loading up in his yard I still picked up a nice grafted setosa from him at the CFM.

As for the Regals, I'm waiting right now to hear about hopefully getting them directly from Bali (Captive Bred). Hope to know more later this week.

I'm really looking forward to this tank growing in. So Much potential, so little patience.

Dave B

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Rick,

I picked up about 20 pcs from Steve about a month ago. I've known Steve for a long long time. Even after loading up in his yard I still picked up a nice grafted setosa from him at the CFM.

As for the Regals, I'm waiting right now to hear about hopefully getting them directly from Bali (Captive Bred). Hope to know more later this week.

I'm really looking forward to this tank growing in. So Much potential, so little patience.

Dave B
Awesome. I think one or more Regals would be a neat addition.

You've got tons of potential in there.

Atalien2005

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Dave awesome build and beautiful tank. Can I ask how is the AuxxLyft motorized rack lift system holding up to the humidity over the tank? Have you encountered any problems with the lift?

OP
OP
o2manyfish

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dave awesome build and beautiful tank. Can I ask how is the AuxxLyft motorized rack lift system holding up to the humidity over the tank? Have you encountered any problems with the lift?
So far no issues - But the AuxxLyft has only been up for 4 months.

I don't forsee too much of an issue. The cables are all plastic coated. The construction is all aluminum. And the motors are stuffed inside of the aluminum arms. With 12 Radions suspended under them all the air above stays dry and hot.

Time will tell, but I'm hoping it will last a long long time.

Dave B

OP
OP
o2manyfish

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First update for 2023. With all the crazy rains in So Cal we have had a few hiccups with all the outdoor tanks. Been dealing with those issues as I can in between some work, a cruise, and the weather. The outdoor frag tanks hadn't been touched in almost a year. They still had some fish in them and a handful of coral scraps. But the tanks were filthy with a layer of crap on the bottom.

Last week we emptied one tank, drained it down, razorbladed it, wet dry vacced it clean and then filled with clean salt water. We moved all the livestock into the clean tank and took the remaining dirty frag tank off line. But then the rain started coming down again before we had a chance to drain it.

Went to the Coral Farmers Market this weekend in Santa Ana with a very enthusiastic wife. She picked out a dozen + frags for herself. Plus my shopping and we ended up with almost 3 hours of mounting corals the following day.

The cabinetry for the tank and stand were finished as a birthday present to myself in January. On our vacation at the end of January we ordered a piece of art that we are hoping will be a nice finishing touch to the stand of the aquarium.

And here is the 6 month update of the 750g tank.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First update for 2023. With all the crazy rains in So Cal we have had a few hiccups with all the outdoor tanks. Been dealing with those issues as I can in between some work, a cruise, and the weather. The outdoor frag tanks hadn't been touched in almost a year. They still had some fish in them and a handful of coral scraps. But the tanks were filthy with a layer of crap on the bottom.

Last week we emptied one tank, drained it down, razorbladed it, wet dry vacced it clean and then filled with clean salt water. We moved all the livestock into the clean tank and took the remaining dirty frag tank off line. But then the rain started coming down again before we had a chance to drain it.

Went to the Coral Farmers Market this weekend in Santa Ana with a very enthusiastic wife. She picked out a dozen + frags for herself. Plus my shopping and we ended up with almost 3 hours of mounting corals the following day.

The cabinetry for the tank and stand were finished as a birthday present to myself in January. On our vacation at the end of January we ordered a piece of art that we are hoping will be a nice finishing touch to the stand of the aquarium.

Your Yellow Tang looks really good! How big is it now?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

So beautiful!! Love this!!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back