Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
Am new to this hobby.
I have recently got 3 fishes.
Flame angelfish
Two spot bristletooth tang
Convict tang

All fishes looked fine and were eating properly in the lfs.

I have a tank 30x12x18 and a cycled spong filter fro. DT

I check the Ammonia through salifert test kit and is always 0.

I have a bacterial bloom in the tank and the treatment of cupramine and prazipro is delayed just to get rid of this bloom stage over.

Problem is that since I dipped the fish with Paragard 2nd day i saw convict tang scratching its body with pvc pipes. I gave a freshwater dip. Second day same..
I am unable to see any ich or external parasite on the convict tang but its very weak and hides most of the time.

Secondly today i did a water change almost 5 gallon and put in paragard. After couple of hours i saw that the convict tang is rather active but scratching its body with pvc.

Now I am. confirmed that it has something which get irritated by Paragard on fish but its not going.

My question is weather to treat with prazipro first or cupramine.

I am planning cupramine with half dosage so i dont kill the flame angelfish.

Anyone experienced with this issue please let me know..

My other two fish are active and not showing any signs for me to see whats wrong.

But I think it might be some deworming required but i cannot move ahead without having second opinion.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
Am new to this hobby.
I have recently got 3 fishes.
Flame angelfish
Two spot bristletooth tang
Convict tang

All fishes looked fine and were eating properly in the lfs.

I have a tank 30x12x18 and a cycled spong filter fro. DT

I check the Ammonia through salifert test kit and is always 0.

I have a bacterial bloom in the tank and the treatment of cupramine and prazipro is delayed just to get rid of this bloom stage over.

Problem is that since I dipped the fish with Paragard 2nd day i saw convict tang scratching its body with pvc pipes. I gave a freshwater dip. Second day same..
I am unable to see any ich or external parasite on the convict tang but its very weak and hides most of the time.

Secondly today i did a water change almost 5 gallon and put in paragard. After couple of hours i saw that the convict tang is rather active but scratching its body with pvc.

Now I am. confirmed that it has something which get irritated by Paragard on fish but its not going.

My question is weather to treat with prazipro first or cupramine.

I am planning cupramine with half dosage so i dont kill the flame angelfish.

Anyone experienced with this issue please let me know..

My other two fish are active and not showing any signs for me to see whats wrong.

But I think it might be some deworming required but i cannot move ahead without having second opinion.
Sounds like the convict might have flukes, prazipro to knock them out then copper for prophylactic ich treatment.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back