Observed Benefits of Ozone - to SPS/Acros

Whasmack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been searching for awhile, but I have not seen evidence / experiences that show ozone helps SPS / Acros.
For those that ran Ozone - did you experience any positive (or negative) effects to your stony corals? (growth, color, PE, etc.)

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran it. It was fine. Ozoner broke. Never replaced it. Stuff has still been fine for about 15+ years.

They can really work for some situations with lots of waterborne particles and stuff, but for acropora, I never saw any difference.

What acute problem are you trying to solve?

UCF Alum

Stick addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran it. It was fine. Ozoner broke. Never replaced it. Stuff has still been fine for about 15+ years.

They can really work for some situations with lots of waterborne particles and stuff, but for acropora, I never saw any difference.

What acute problem are you trying to solve?

Clearer water and increased PE on acros.
Is it worth spending $500 on a generator?
Do the ends justify the means...

OP
OP
Whasmack

Whasmack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem - I was reading about them before; and bought a Ozotech about 2-3 months ago because my interest was peaked. More along the lines of - can I grow Acros with more color & faster.
But Ozone seems like a moderate amount of work for mediocre results. Just trying to hear experiences from others from what they've seen. (Other than clearer water). I poured 5g from a water change into a white bucket & it looked pretty blue / clear to me.
Also, because I'd rather reallocate the ORP slot in my APEX for another pH probe - Kalkwasser stirrer or tank pH. For instance, I've noticed increased growth when I supplement kalkwasser along with my Calcium reactor. Is it work to do & maintain? Yep. Does it produce results? IMO, yes it does.
I had a 40w Pentair UV unit lying around and messed with it on & off - 1 day I realized when it was running I had far less algae build up on the glass with it running. (~800 gph or so). But no effects on corals.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 44 33.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 41 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back