Ocean Potion Saltwater Mix for SPS

FunaiReefSystems

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any experience with this salt, I have been running HW Marinemix for years but order it by the pallet from Germany. Anyone have any experience with this salt? Apparently it is supposed to be ionically balanced and even better.

Thanks in advance!

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well you made me look once I seen sps.

c23aacb5d3cbd58cc854a3f22f8bf12f.jpg

OP
OP
F

FunaiReefSystems

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What'd you guys think of the claimed composition for the water chemistry? Its supposedly mixes better than my HW Marinemix salt from Germany. They also told me it mixes better and cleaner than my salt mix and is ionically balanced. Spoke with some of the folks that sell their salt like sea dwelling creatures and they said the customers they have that buy it swear by it...

OP
OP
F

FunaiReefSystems

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say you don't see anything special what do you mean? Also what are all you guys currently using?

OP
OP
F

FunaiReefSystems

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can get this stuff for dirt cheap thats why I asked... Greenstreet.1 How do you like the ESV?

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can get this stuff for dirt cheap thats why I asked... Greenstreet.1 How do you like the ESV?

I love it been using it for years now these days it’s getting a little hard to find it locally. Mix is clean and clear and ready in 20-30min and leaves no brown stuff in the mixing container.
I mix it at
Alk 8.5
Cal 425
Mag 1400

Tautog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Reef Crystals. Alkalinity at mixing 12.5 dKH

Raptor72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently picked up a bag also just to try it. I was wanting to try the Red Sea Pro and my lfs talked me into this one. I do like the fact that it dissolves quickly. Let's hear some more suggestions/ reviews.

mike werner

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used instant ocean for the last 30 years with great success.it's cheap and it works.
did you guys read what our resident chemist said he uses?jason fox specifically uses instant ocean and we know what his systems look like.
I guess if I had extra money to waste I would spend an extra $30 or more above the price of a box of IO.i imagine I still would not be able to notice a difference in quality besides clear water in 30 minutes.that's not worth $30 bucks or more to me.i also use aquaforest component 1-2-3 so I get all the goodies I need on a daily basis.

Robthorn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its made by Aquacraft. This particular salt works very well for a full blown sps reef. My lps do just as well in the same system with it. If it was local and not hard to get I would consider using it for sure. I have tried a full 200 gallon bag with no ill effects. I used Aquacraft salts a few years before moving to Florida.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back