Ocean Revive T247 with 20 gallon Innovative Marine AIO light settings

yoboyjuice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Have an Innovative Marine tank that's 20 gallons. its 13 inches (33cm) tall, and I am using a Ocean Revive T247 light. It is using the default bracket placed approximately 8 inches (20cm) above the water surface. What are your recommended light setting? I know it depends on what you keep, etc. but what has been your experience so far?
I have had ch1 blue lights set to 20% for 12 hours and ch2 white lights set to 3% for 3 hours. I know I could probably go higher but I don't know how high to go.
I have mostly LPS and a few softies. I have lots of hammers set at various heights and some xenia, duncans, galaxia, gsp, montipora, and a toadstool to name a few. I do not have access to a par reader.
IMG_0373.jpg

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That's close to the water and I used to have that fixture. That's most likely a good setting for now. If you notice the hammer starts to extend toward the light, then raise it to 30% blue, but I doubt you will need to. LPS and Softies should be in a PAR of 75-150. I would say you are in the lower range of that.

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are going the wrong way. Thats my 210G using ocean revives with same brackets your using

I tried high intensity, and cooked everything.

Now at 10% B and 1% W everything is growing like weeds in a 30" deep tank.

My frogspawn is just now coming back, and branching hammer really taking off.

Ocean revives are strong lights, your at the high limit, with these lights less is more.

12 and 3 is way to much. The above is 8B and 6W. after 5 to 6 hours peak light, its all the coral can absorb.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 132 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back