• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Oceancube - Rudy Vasquez - Major Fraud

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

schabiazabi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was defrauded by oceancube for $2500. The guy sold me a breeding pair and never shipped them for about 2 weeks. He was coming up with different stories each time. Finally he shipped it today, except he shipped the male only. In the box there were two fish bags. One with water and one without water. Water was spilled all over the box and one bag was fully open. The open bag was staged, in order to make it look as if the fish came out of the bag, but there was no other fish in the box. Thanks god I recorded the entire process and I have a witness with me.

Here is the entire story plus pictures:

I bought a Wyoming Whites breeding pair from oceancube. Paid using Paypal (mass payment) for $2500. Plus I paid $90 extra for shipping, because the seller claimed it's going to be a big box, so I told him I'll pay extra for the safety of animals.

The seller delayed the shipping giving me different stories each day. Every story seemed like a little lie, but since I paid already I had no choice, but to wait for the fish. He shipped them out yesterday and provided me with a tracking number: 800041588780 (FEDEX).

I checked the tracking number and it was showing: Overnight by 3PM. I was not happy as we talked about getting the fish to me by 10AM (I paid extra). When I wrote to him about the shipping time he did not reply. This morning I came home from school and I see a box with fish on my kitchen counter top. I was shocked as it’s supposed to be here by 3PM. The first thing I see is a box that is "over" taped. Tape is all over the box, and I see the box is dripping. I got scared and opened up the box, while my wife is recording everything with pictures.

When I opened up the outside box the white inside box is "over" taped again. Seems strange, but I do not see a problem yet. I open up the white box and I see water everywhere. Water and paper ripped up and spread all over the box. I pull one bag and the fish is there, I search for the second bag and it's there, but it's empty. The bag was open. Right away we start to search for the fish, but I already have a feeling what has happened here. We go through every paper, foam, and board in the box, but nothing. No fish, no smell of a dead fish. Nothing. We went through everything one more time on the floor, but again nothing.

That's when I realized the seller stage fraud. He purposely put an empty bag with tons of water around it to make it look as if the fish came out and something happened. The reason for the over taped boxes was not to spill the water that was floating in there at the Fedex location. (Strangely enough the seller tried to ship the fish few days before and he told me he got caught by Fedex, because the guys at the Fedex location could hear water in the box. I have a feeling he was trying to pull the same trick before, but the box was wet and water was dripping at the Fedex location.)

I called the seller (Rudy Vasquez) right away and he would not communicate. He told me to be a man and he does not care if I sue the him. His replies were illogical, and he did not seem surprised at all. When I confronted him over the email he replied: "put what you want about me but I will defend myself,".

The other fish (male) is doing fine. We will start a criminal investigation, because we were able to record there is no fish in the box when opening. I did not have a good feeling about this transaction and I speculated fraud, due to numerous lies over PM (Private Notifications) on the forum.
The confirmation number mentioned above 800041588780 (FEDEX) turns out was not mine. It was for somebody in RAYNHAM, MA. Chances are the person has the other female, but that is pure speculation. I wish the person from RAYNHAM is from this forum and he/she will PM, or email me at: [email protected]

I contacted the seller in order to refund me the money, or ship me the female. He did not reply to that, and it does not seem as if he ever will make good on the transaction. Therefore I already obtained a police report for the accident, and I have an attorney from San Antonio helping me file a case in Texas as I am in New Jersey.

If you have any information regarding this please help me as fraud is a sersious crime. It will cost me some to run the investigation, but I will make sure the sellers pays for every penny of it.

P. S. In case you have a WW female you just purchased from him, please PM me. I am completely devastated as the pair I thought I was going to have is not here. Not to
mention I setup a separate tank for the breeding pair for about $750.

3.jpg
4.jpg
11.jpg
22.jpg
ww1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

oceancube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW, okay well this is the way you handle things after i told you i would talk with you after work via email cause you called me in the AM saying this and that, you didn't even mention to me what was missing only that i sent you one fish, after trying to talk to you ,all you had to say was that i was a scammer and a liar and so on , when i tried to talk, you over talked me with all these accusations, you told me i purposely left the bag in the box and opened it to make it seemed the bag popped, then that if i killed the fish on accident and left it here at home to tell you,then you said that i shipped to fish to another person in a different state, i asked for pics of the dead fish or the bags of the fish , and you sent me a picture of a box all toreup , white popcorn all over the floor and empty foam box, i never even got a pic of a fish not one.all i got was pics of empty bags,now i sent you 1 platnium fish..this is ridiculous foreal you make no sense, you tell me where are the fish? your the scammer not me, you can threaten me all you want with federal stuff goahead, i have my own proof , after i told you i could only ship out on monday for tuesday or wednesday for thursday you insisted me to ship the fish on a friday for saturday delivery with no heatpacks, cause if you remember i did try and ship them out twice this past week , monday and then thursday , i let you talk to the rep at my fedex office which i will get his name and location number so anyone can call and confirm saying i was there with my box and i did try, he even talked to you on my own cell phone. i will also get you the name of the young lady that actually put oxygen in my bags and bagged them for me to send to you prior to shipping along with my other fish order, i also have video of both fish in the box for my protection, i normally dont ask for pics or videos of my fish when they are doa in my case only 3 to date, and i work it out, people dont call me and threaten me, they act like adults and tell me whats wrong, i do my best to try and take care of them.. ive got not one person in my bad side from my sales, cause you ask them all i do my best.. you were a problem from the get go when i first met you, and i also told you i would not sell you the fish because of the way you talked to me on pm's, you accused me of lying about my pairs and my animals, you made it seem like i didn't have breeding pairs just bonded pairs , from the get go you called me a liar, telling me my wyoming whites were not breeding, even with videos you didn't belive me...for all i know you took the fish out and want a full refund and you will keep both fish... im not stupid and i will defend myself ,you are childish for hanging up on me this morning and not answering my calls, i left you a message telling you to grow up and be an adult and learn how to talk to people over the phone, you dont just call someone you dont know and start telling them off calling them liars, scammers etc. im none of the above . do what you have to do , im ready to prove myself , i sent those fish out , i dont know what you did or whats going on but it doesn't sound right. putting me on the spot this way was a wrong thing to do, after i told you i would contact you after work at 430pm..to reef2reef and its members im sorry this is happening and this will get resolved one way or another.I have no intensions of scamming anyone and never have, if anything i do know how to work out my own problems with all my customers ive had..this will defenatly have an impact on my image here at reef2reef and also my future sales of fish. money and refrences will mean nothing after this, i can have all the customers behind me but this will defenatly put me as a liar and a "scammer" according to this customer. thats a platnium? then thats not the fish i sent you so there's defenatly something going on here..

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys, this is a feedback thread between the buyer and seller. If you were not involved in the transaction, please refrain from posting here. Thanks for your cooperation while the buyer and seller try and get things worked out.

OP
OP
S

schabiazabi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are innocent refund the money. I will ship this fish back. If you are afraid I can ship this fish to a third verified person and you can pick it up from him after you refund.

Thanks god the fish I received has a key whole on the right head. That way you won't lie it's a different fish if I ever end up returning it. This key whole is shown on this video here: wyoming whites spawning - YouTube

This video was created Aug 15, 2011 with a title: "wyoming whites spawning". People tell me the fish in my pictures could be a Platinum (even I can see orange through the white color). If that is correct you created the video on purpose in August of last year with intentions to defraud someone in the future.

Adding more pictures. If anyone can comment on the WW/Platinum please PM me. To be honest I am not sure what it is, but 2 people told me already it is a Platinum.

ww4.jpg

ww2.jpg

ww3.jpg

Original pair and the male with the key whole.

keywhole.jpg

Attachments

• keywhole.jpg
    keywhole.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 431
Last edited:
OP
OP
S

schabiazabi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have new pictures of the fish and I was able to calculate the dorsal spines. It turns out there are 11 of them which makes it a true WW. The only thing is I do not know how far back should I count.

Attached are the pictures. Please help.

WW_fish.jpg
perspective.jpg
np2.jpg
np1.jpg

Attachments

• payment.jpg
    payment.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 444
Last edited:

oceancube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay first off that is my male fish, and it's 100% a wyoming white. i was sold these fish by wwc and im sure chris and them over there would not cheat me, i have videos in my youtube of my pair swimming ,spawning multiple times and even started threads on here and other forums about all my pairs and my success ive had sofar with them, i will also make all my ww videos on my youtube to where everyone can view them instead of private, i also have pictures of them if need be. im here to say that i can no longer deal with your acusations toward me, you have told me i set this up ,i staged the opened bag on purpose, then you told me i sold the other wyoming white to another member and shipped it to them and that they have it, now your coming on here showing my fish and saying im lying about the species of it.this is how it went down, you wanted to buy the fish i told you okay, you said payment would be there a certain date, never got payment, had to pm you and ask you what was going on cause i was gonna deal with another buyer online to sell, finally you send payment, then i told you i would ship out following monday janurary 23rd 2012, went to fedex at 8pm with my fish bagged and all, shipping was way to much for me to swallow $175.00+ came home with fish sent you an email with my cell number for you to call me asap. did that you called agreed to pay difference cause i explained i wasn't even suppose to pay for shipping but i still ate half, second attempt on janurary 25th 2012went to fedex with full money ready to ship, guy asked me what i had in the box and i told him a frog and he explained that i would not be able to send out my package no matter what,being it was a live animal well he said no matter whatits not going out, me knowing you i had the guy at fedex talk to you and explain what was going that very second cause you from the get go called me a liar and seemed very pushy toward me. so he told you what was going on at around 820pm, you asked me to drive to another fedex location and i told you no cause it was to far, and 830pm is cutoff time here in san antonio, call and ask. so then you asked me to ship out fish friday janurary 27th 2012 for saturday janurary 28th delivery and i told you i had to go buy more heat packs cause i was out, being i used 6 heatpacks on packing your fish, you insisted no just ship them, i then explained to you that i wont not guarantee anything over the weekend and with no heat packs cause it was also chilly here in san antonio texas those days, you got upset and told me you didnt know what else to do, after i told you i would ship out fish janurary 30th 2012 for janurary 31st 21012 arrival.. shipped you the fish you called me the next morning claming i scammed you im a liar im a thief im going to federal court, i was like in shock like whats going on, you started cursing and i told you to slow down and explain yourself, you continued to rant and then hang up, i called you right back and you didn't answer so i left you a message saying growup be a man and talk to me right i would work it out somehow. i have all my paperwork , i have videos of fish prior to shipping all 3 days , i had my bags filled with oxygen and double bagged by a young lady 3 times at the lfs,thats all i have, tracking number i did give you wrong and that was my fault i got home late and stressed out i accidently gave you another tracking number that i did ship out the same night, thats my fault, now what happen to the fish where its at well thats something i dont know, i do know shes not here at my home, she wasn't sold to anyone anywhere why would i do that, that would be totally dumb of me to do, so you tell me where the fish is? i tried to talk to you right and even told you to remove all this bad talk about me and i would work something out, but you calling me a liar , emailing me im fraud and im a scammer and you knew i was a scammer from the getgo well thats all offending to me, i have yet one time to call you a liar and or scammer despite knowing i sent out those fish, im professional im a grown man i know how to explain myself and i will protect myself by anymeans, here's some info i have , i have to gather a couple more details to use for my protection... fedex tracking number total of $171.14 video of my fish ready to go packed alive and healthy wyoming white breeding pair, i take videos of all my pairs going out for my protection, if anyone says i sent an unhealthy fish or a dead fish well they can see them alive in the bags before they leave my house, i dont think a fish can desinagrate in less than 14 hours, comeon be real you tell me where the other fish is. im done arguing with you do what you want ,say what you want to say about me.this is all i have ! i will also post pics of a friends wyoming white side action to compare to mine, then you can call him a liar as well...
attempt3.mp4 - YouTube

oceancube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why dont you show all the pm's in the begining of our conversations where you were already accusing me of lying and me telling you just forget the whole transaction i didn't want to deal with you cause you were so pushy and seemed off a bit!

oceancube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here's some pics from wwc and when they arrived last feburary ,1st pic is directly from wwc, second pic is upon opening box, note: not all torn up like i was mad 3rd pic is in the bags floating,you can see the same keyhole on my male wyoming white from wwc, 4th pic is of a platnium i sold to a member here i wont mention any names!5th pic is color difference in platnium and wyoming white, so please stop posting in every forum what type of fish this is, its not even about the type of fish it's about where the hell is the other fish!!!!!!!!
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c349/oceancube/mywyomingwhites.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c349/oceancube/mww1.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c349/oceancube/mww3.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c349/oceancube/plat1.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c349/oceancube/SDC12065.jpg

OP
OP
S

schabiazabi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to add that Rudy Vasquez removed the video in question from YouTube. The video showed the pair I was suppose to receive. Obviously I managed to create a back up and images of the fish on this YouTube channel.

The video was at : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DyC2TjzP_N

No one honest would remove anything like that. This is another sign this guy can not be trusted.

OP
OP
S

schabiazabi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I do not have the PMs from the beginning anymore as they were deleted by me in order to make space. I'm sure they are archived. If the Moderator wants to make them public, please do, as a matter of a fact I allow you to release and make public all my PMs with this individual.

dv3

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As another mod already posted, please refrain from posting in feedback threads in where you had no part in the transaction.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
S

schabiazabi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And one more thing, if the seller wants to come clean, please show me a video where you actually show both fish (not a bag with something in there) being sealed and locked up all the way to the Fedex. You made this video, because you had intentions to cheat me from the get go. No honest person would do that.

Also, while you're at it, please show us the Fedex bill for the shipment. You took under $90 from me because the shipping was suppose to be super expensive for this extra size box.

You even tried to off load the blame on Fedex. On top of that you made some lady from your area (which I believe was your wife as she knew exactly about every little spawn in your tank along with the sales and fish you have) call me and tell me to call Fedex, perhaps they opened up the box and removed the fish. All lies. Fedex is the only company I trust in this transaction.

You defrauded me on money and fish, and I have no idea how you can live with yourself. I offered so many solutions and you simply refused to make good. With the emails I received for the last 3 days from members all over I can tell you one thing: no one trusts you.

Anybody that can think logically can figure out I would have no financial gain in doing anything to the fish in order to reclaim money. As a matter of a fact I paid you using Paypal mass payment so that you are 100% protected on the payment. Instead you robbed me.

oceancube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why would i lie about all that foreal, i told you everything about me, where i shop, where to look for deal on pairs who i know, who to shop with , named you some big names around the net that would help you out,etc.what forums to check out,you blame me for alot of things already, i told you to please stop calling me a liar , enough is enough ive had it with you, im gonna have to take pictures of all this stuff just to prove you wrong again, what the package doesn't say the amount charged, it was a total of $171.14 on my reciept with your tracking number.. ill post pics later today of actual reciepts i have, i even have the receipt from the 2 other times i tried to ship out this pair with the with a date, lbs ,total packages etc.. i have to much to lose to do what you claim i did, we could have worked something out the right way even if your right or wrong, i told you that.im not gonna leave any of my customers mad at me unless they call me mad cursing and stuff, you handled this the wrong way from the beginning, even before any purchase you were saying i was lying,i have threads on all these forums about all my fish ,everything , i dont hide anything, i have people that are local that come over look at all my stuff, buy stuff from me fish wise!!!. I told you PLEASE wait till i got home at 4:30PM cause i have noway to access reef2reef.com on my phone and protect myself cause you need taptalk for that, i didn't even get a chance to post what was going on to the members here on reef2reef.com cause you beat me to the punch. your trouble and youve caused me some buisness but thats okay cause i still have all my customers that know who i am and what kind of service i give,that alone outweighs all this mess, ive had maybe 3 people with problems with my fish , deaths, wrong pair etc, and i always fix it no matter what ask them all, not one will say no, i save alot of my pm's and info for stuff like this or when stuff like this happens... now i have to go to court and fight you , bother people that i dont want to and probably waste money and time. you've made this into something it's not, i told you dont call me a liar and or scammer, but you continue with all these lies and stuff when actually your the liar and or scammer.. i showed you videos of my animals , and you pictured one on here claiming i sent you a platnium... why would you still send me a payment if you had doubts that they were not wyoming whites, was it my refrences what was it. for the people that told you it's a platnium they have no idea what clownfish are or what clownfish species look like, the breeders you talk to need to read more and study their species a bit more, cause according to the breeders i know well they 100% agree with me what i sold you was wyoming whites 100%... im awaiting papers and dates for your charges, i cant say anymore about this case till it gets taken care of in court hopefully soon.so keep accusing me of this and that, i have it all in file ready to show.. continous accusations of this and that and i have proved you wrong in a couple ways, get back on track and talk about what the title of the topic is that im a scammer and that your "MISSING" a fish, maybe that will help you!!!!!

oceancube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You even tried to off load the blame on Fedex. On top of that you made some lady from your area (which I believe was your wife as she knew exactly about every little spawn in your tank along with the sales and fish you have) call me and tell me to call Fedex, perhaps they opened up the box and removed the fish. All lies. Fedex is the only company I trust in this transaction.
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT MY WIFE, WHATS THE PHONE NUMBER SHE CALLED YOU FROM??DONT YOU DARE BRING MY WIFE INTO THIS ARGUMENT, MY WIFE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS TRANSACTION,as a matter of fact shes the one that told me the day you called me a liar on pm's not to sell you the pair if you thought they were not breeding, plus i never ever blamed fedex, EVER. go lie to yourself and dont ever say or mention my wife anymore in this forum, she has nothing to do with my sales and stuff, all she does is feed my pairs and babies and tells me what and what not to buy.....

oceancube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sick of you already , you need help, your gonna get in some big trouble one day calling people liars consistantly, im done sorry people,i told my side of the story and what ive done, i posted some proof just to show what i have ,what i shipped, when i shipped,you can all trust this guy and i hope yall are safe when you deal with him, im done i cant handle all this to much blames and lies.. ive got bigger things to worry about than 1 customer that i dont know either is lying or somewhat off!! goodluck i will no longer visit this thread that is full of lies,so everyone that has something to say well you can comminicate with the buyer and talk things over with him! any questions you guys can pm me ill be more than glad to answer any questions!!

OP
OP
S

schabiazabi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long story short I WON the civil case against Rudy Vasquez in New Jersey court .

Rudy Vasquez stole a fish from me, and did not even bother to defend himself. On top of that he lied so much that he got caught with his pants down. The whole thread about the case is on Nano Reef, so I'm not going to repeat it here, but over the course of the case I learned he has a history of fraud. Four different people contacted me that were either scammed or tried to be ripped off by Rudy.

The total judgement amount was more than the fish was worth, so who knows, maybe one day I will receive the fish as oppose to money. If not, be sure I will collect every penny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 10.0%
Back