OceanRevive T-247 only works using timer.

redeleven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Im new here. I'm also fairly new to the marine scene so if I let my ignorance show please forgive me. Here's my problem.
A few years ago I got a pair of OceanRevive T-247s. They are working fine. I recently purchased another pair. These new ones seem to be lacking some functionality my old ones have.

With my old ones, pressing the knob on the light cycled thru H-SE, CH1 and CH2. When the light is on the H-SE setting, the timer is active and the light will be on or off, depending on the time of day. When CH1, or CH2 is selected, both channels come on and stay on until I set it back to H-SE or power the light off. This give the operator the ability to turn on the lights and override the timer.

However with my new pair, I cannot override the timer. Pressing the knob cycles thru H-SE, CH1 and CH2. But when selecting CH1 or CH2, both channels come on and immediately go off after about 3 seconds.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this feature no longer available on newer T-247 models? Or is there a way to enable this feature?Any guidance is much appreciated. Many thanks.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a long time since I played with Ocean Revive fixtures. I hated the software control system. BTW, I worked for OR for a couple of years.

Who did you buy the new ones from? Any chance of asking the seller for help? Back when I worked for OR the factory that made them, EverGrow in China, had a customer Q&A email system. Is that an option?

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
4 different T-247B units I have used for the past year or so have no way to over-ride the timed program.
Don’t think he’s talking about overriding the timed H-SE part. But overriding when selecting the CH1 or CH2 part only.

RC Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Selecting C1 or C2 does not over-ride on the 247-B lights. I really really wish it would. Not being able to switch on demand to a specific lighting color is the main usage flaw in these lights. You can only switch for a few seconds then it switches back to the programed mode.

Last edited:

Auflyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn’t the older ones have the option to turn H-SE off? I want to say I saw on YouTube they could do that but may have been the generation before

OP
OP
R

redeleven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for your inputs. Just to confirm - Yes I can turn my old T247s on and off at will regardless of the timer settings. If CH1 or CH2 is selected, both channels come on and stay on, until I set it back to H-SE (or power it off)

I guess the T247-B is lacking the functionality of its predecessor. I'll probably switch my set up around where I have one old and one new on each of my 2 tanks. That way I can at least have some light off-schedule when I need it.

Ron Reefman, I'll see if I can follow up with QA as you suggested

Thanks again everyone and have a great year ahead.

zuri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used these lights for almost 6 years loved them! only drawback was the timer had to be reset everytime i played with intensity otherwise they wouldn't follow the set schedule.
still have mine as a back up for my new ai primehd's. Pacific East turned me onto these way back when i started as they use these or use too

RC Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ron Reefman, I'll see if I can follow up with QA as you suggested

Any Ocean Revive website I've ever been able to find is just a home page then every other page errors, including links for contacts, and everything else. Been that way for a year or so I believe.

Seems very much like the company is dormant at least and completely AWOL most likely. I've just been assuming that vendors are selling off inventory they had acquired.

OP
OP
R

redeleven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used these lights for almost 6 years loved them! only drawback was the timer had to be reset everytime i played with intensity otherwise they wouldn't follow the set schedule.
still have mine as a back up for my new ai primehd's. Pacific East turned me onto these way back when i started as they use these or use too
Hi. Neither my old or new ones have this issue. Changing the intensity on either does not affect my timer settings. I've had my 'old' ones for about 3 years or so. I just got the new ones about 2 months ago. I'll check out the AI PrimeHDs, thank you.

RC Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd also suggest the Reefbreeder lights, as they seem to essentially be the "next generation" of Ocean Revives (even though people claim not).
They even use the same seemingly identical bent tubing tank mount bracket as the Ocean Revives do.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 149 60.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 27.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 85 34.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 66 26.9%
Back